Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Brake check.

My first thought too!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#2]
50/50

It is really the jackass who decided to change lanes where there wasn't any space that are the worst. Tailgating is just the consequence to the jackasses behavior.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]

NVM..didn't know poster was a female, can't call TRG gay for rearending a female.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#4]
men of course, tailgating with a bunch a women and a bottle of Jager is much more fun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
As for CDL drivers who tailgate, it's men.
As for regular passenger vehicle drivers, it's men. Women do tailgate but men driver will ride up to where you can see their nose hairs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
the only reason I voted women was because every female tailgater I've seen was distracted with something, where half of the male tailgaters aren't
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

...then please explain the people that ride my ass when I'm in the right lane, and there is NOBODY in the left lane of the road at all?    If they wanted to pass...they could. If they wanted to go faster.....they could.  They are tailgating because they have no common sense, and they thing a 10ft following distance at 75mph is acceptable.

If you have a radar detector, it may attract tailgaters if you're in the right lane.    Ask me how I know.    Some people are too damn cheap to spend $399 on a V1 and will ride your bumper all day even if the left lane is nice and clear.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get your focking ass our of the fast lane and I won't ride your ass.

People want to just get on with their day, they're not riding your ass cause they personally want to piss you off. As a matter of fact I could give two shits about you. Get over in the next lane and watch how I drive by you and never see you again.

If involving yourself in others business on the road gives you a sick pleasure, then quit your job and become a cop cause we don' t need civilians trying to act like cops on the road.

...then please explain the people that ride my ass when I'm in the right lane, and there is NOBODY in the left lane of the road at all?    If they wanted to pass...they could. If they wanted to go faster.....they could.  They are tailgating because they have no common sense, and they thing a 10ft following distance at 75mph is acceptable.

Maybe you're spending way too much time looking in your rear view you're dropping your speed to 50mph one second and then going 60 in another and then 55mph again. You're so worried about how others are affecting you you're probably doing it to yourself.

Do you have a big truck? Always being higher then other people in your truck can give you an illusion that smaller cars are closer to your ass then you like.

But be honest with yourself, are people REALLY riding your ass in the slow lane? Really?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Men tailgate more, women drive five miles under the speedlimit in the fast lane more.

Shouldn't everyone be under the speed limit?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Usually, I'm tailgated by men whether or not I'm going the speed limit, though I've been guilty of it also (rarely though, I'm too paranoid). I've also been rear ended twice, both times by men.

*snicker*

Yep.. I was waiting for that. It'd be worse if I were a guy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:58:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get your focking ass our of the fast lane and I won't ride your ass.

People want to just get on with their day, they're not riding your ass cause they personally want to piss you off. As a matter of fact I could give two shits about you. Get over in the next lane and watch how I drive by you and never see you again.

If involving yourself in others business on the road gives you a sick pleasure, then quit your job and become a cop cause we don' t need civilians trying to act like cops on the road.

Maybe you're spending way too much time looking in your rear view you're dropping your speed to 50mph one second and then going 60 in another and then 55mph again. You're so worried about how others are affecting you you're probably doing it to yourself.

Do you have a big truck? Always being higher then other people in your truck can give you an illusion that smaller cars are closer to your ass then you like.

But be honest with yourself, are people REALLY riding your ass in the slow lane? Really?

Yep...while going 75mph in a 70, while I have my cruise control set.  People are stupid...don't kid yourself
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What I've noticed, generally its a woman.... Usually the younger crowd.

And yapping on a cell.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd have to say men.  Something about thinking they're king of the road, especially when they're driving a large lifted diesel truck.

I've hardly had any women tailgate me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, first of all, when I saw the title, I thought you meant this:

However, to the question at hand, I don't really know. I usually don't get enough details out of my mirrors to be able to tell. Further, I tend to drive very politely, moving out of lanes for faster traffic.....................especially when that faster traffic is something like this:

Finally, I really haven't noticed that many tail gaters on me. I guess the presence of a "heavy club"

whether loaded or not, encourages them to hold back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top