Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/12/2002 9:21:21 AM EDT
Am I the only one who thinks that this would be the only way the Palestinians can ever get what they really want? Huge, peaceful marches. Sit down protests. Block roadways to illegal settlements. Try to march back into land they owned. Rem. in the book the Israeli response & the subsequent world reaction? Anyway, it's just a book, but the Palestinians would do better by it than blowing up pizzerias & cafes. Also, the idea that Jerusalem should be a neutral, truelly international city - it's neutrailty guranteed & protected by US troops was intriguing. It is the center of at least 3 global faiths & one of the root causes of the wars between them, maybe this kind of solution should be looked at. We commit our troops to crap like Haiti (look where Haiti is now -nowehere, maybe even worse off & forgotten). Why not commit them to something noble?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:37:08 AM EDT
I think Israel should have a free hand to do whatever they need to do to the Palestenians and Yasser Arafat
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:49:46 AM EDT
Also, the idea that Jerusalem should be a neutral, truelly international city - it's neutrailty guranteed & protected by US troops was intriguing. It is the center of at least 3 global faiths & one of the root causes of the wars between them, maybe this kind of solution should be looked at.
View Quote
Jerusalem isn't really the "center" of Islam; Mecca is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:53:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2002 9:56:03 AM EDT by jobux]
YngSar1, you must be one those short yellow bus kids. That's not what I asked for comment on, but once again, that's what I get for thinking more people might pay attention to what I asked, or thinking more people know how to read. There's a thread down the road asking for which side you're on. Go there. This one is for something else. Goodbye now. Hurry, your little bus is leaving!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2002 9:57:50 AM EDT by jobux]
Renamed, a lot of the literature I have read seems to say that Jerusalem is regarded as just as holy & as central to that faith as Mecca is. Anyway, I could easily make the argument also that for many Christians, Roman Catholics at least, Rome is the center of the faith & not Jerusalem either.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:35:29 AM EDT
Jerusalem is mentioned nowhere in the Koran, but at least 629 times in the Hebrew Bible. When Israel was a Roman territory named 'Palestine', Jerusalem was not the capital that the Romans used/ When the Ottoman Turks ruled over the Holy Land, the city of Jerusalem was just another city. When Jerusalem was a part of Jordan, it was not the capital city, Amman was, and still is. So all of a sudden, Jerusalem is the 'Third Most Holy Site in All Islamdom.' So what? No faith should be permitted more than one holy city, and surely not three![:D] There is no evidence that Mohammed even made it there! Eric The(JerusalemIs[u]Our[/u]HolyCity!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:04:59 AM EDT
Jerusalem is mentioned nowhere in the Koran, but at least 629 times in the Hebrew Bible.
View Quote
Eric, you must have a 50-volume "Trivia of the World" series from Time-Life. Where do you find this stuff? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:06:03 AM EDT
The problem with peaceful Palestinian Arab protests is their goal is the destruction of Israel and nothing less. Peace does not get the Jews killed off. The Arabs are bastard sons of Abraham. That is where this starts they will be satisfied when they are the ONLY decendents of Abraham. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:07:24 AM EDT
Anyway, I could easily make the argument also that for many Christians, Roman Catholics at least, Rome is the center of the faith & not Jerusalem either.
View Quote
And I would agree with you. [:)]
Renamed, a lot of the literature I have read seems to say that Jerusalem is regarded as just as holy & as central to that faith as Mecca is.
View Quote
I know, I've seen those claims too. Supposedly Mohammed was magically transported to Jerusalem at the beginning of a journey to the "seven heavens". Oddly, though, the Koran makes no mention of Jerusalem. Furthermore, Jerusalem was founded over a thousand years before the birth of Mohammed and it has never been the capital of an Islamic state. The Islamic claim to Jerusalem seems to stem primarily from a desire to make the point that Mohammed's message made Islam and Christianity, religions founded on the messages of previous prophets, null and void. Anyway, while the idea of making Jerusalem an "international city" does sound like a neat way to resolve the conflict over it, getting all sides to accept it would be extremely difficult. Any Americans stationed there would be instant targets for terrorism.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:15:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jobux: Also, the idea that Jerusalem should be a neutral, truelly international city
View Quote
Be very careful what you wish for... In this case you will get it! For a while anyway...
Revelation 11:2 "They will trample on the holy city for 42 months."
View Quote
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:44:25 AM EDT
The Islamic ideal is that every city be their city and theirs alone. The non-Muslim infidels can have hell...
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:54:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Torf: The Islamic ideal is that every city be their city and theirs alone. The non-Muslim infidels can have hell...
View Quote
Unfortunately for the radical animals like the Al Queda, Hamas, PLO, etc. this is true. To them the only way to solve the world's problems is a worldwide Jihad that destroys all infidels leaving only Muslims behind. Rational solutions do not appeal to these sorts of folks, compromise for them is infidelity and sin. We will be fighting them until the end of time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:57:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By marvl:
Jerusalem is mentioned nowhere in the Koran, but at least 629 times in the Hebrew Bible.
View Quote
Eric, you must have a 50-volume "Trivia of the World" series from Time-Life. Where do you find this stuff? [:D]
View Quote
87% of all statistics are made up on the spot. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:29:38 PM EDT
I have often wondered why the Arab countries will pledge money to "martyrs" families cut off oil to the west and the rest but even with all the land Syria,Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and thier ilk will not even think about solving the problem by or help rather than hurt by taking in or relocating the Palistinan's to areas within thier borders or donating land to create an palestinan settlement area and move them out of comntention with the Isrealis instead of us doing all the peacekeepingh and payoffs all the time--anyway I know the answer already but I just wondered if anybody else out there thought the Arabs should step up for once and do something real rather than just fwd empty talk out both sides of thier mouth.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:25:17 PM EDT
guys i am not scared of having to pay 5 bucks a gallon for gas,or this shit possible starting world war three,or even who has legitamite claim to that strip of land,i don't care. what i really fear is when God finally gets tired of all this bullshit going on here on earth. i am not a religious person nor am i here to bang on a bible and tell people to repent,but watch out cause it's coming............ rescue92
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:48:28 PM EDT
If Arafat was Ghandi he would have had his state TWENTY FRIGGIN YEARS AGO!! If he was just some schmuck he would've still had it TEN FRIGGIN YEARS AGO!! But he is Arafat [}:D]
Top Top