BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Make it Ground 1.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]
We The People cannot stop the Victory Mosque legally. Our masters have told us that freedom of religion demands that we allow our murderers to gloat over the graves of their victims.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I would bet a properly waged war would do it.
No one would be around that wants to attend a mosque.
I understand the muslims and islamist want for death to come to America and Allah to Akbar.
If we feel the same for them, thats how it wold go. But America as a whole are pussies that wont stand their ground (ie.e look at the rules here.. dont hurt anyones feeling but a white mans)
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't stop it. I just open up a pork barbeque joint to their left and an all you can eat shrimp and scallops bar on the right.

Hey, its a free country right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appeal to their sense of tolerance, good taste, respect, and propriety.

Good luck.

I hear you.  

Since the Imam is a citizen, the only legal way would be to tell the Saudis we don't want to let them fund it.  A foreign power has no right to buy or build anything in the US and they can be legally told to keep their money.  Would it really be worth it?

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The Saudi's are our friends right? We can trust them to do the right thing....

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep seeing the Constitution invoked, and people saying that the founding fathers would basically be spinning in their graves if the mosque were to be stopped...

The founding fathers fought a war over tax rates that we today would not sneeze at.  The founding fathers pretty well eradicated the tribes of Indians in this country because they were savages.  They made and broke treaties with those same indians and forced them off of their land.  I don't think they would have batted an eye when it came to telling this Imam to fuck off were they faced with the decision that is being discussed.  Basically, the founding fathers were not the pansy ass bend over and take it up the ass types that we have become as a nation today.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I keep seeing the Constitution invoked, and people saying that the founding fathers would basically be spinning in their graves if the mosque were to be stopped...

The founding fathers fought a war over tax rates that we today would not sneeze at.  The founding fathers pretty well eradicated the tribes of Indians in this country because they were savages.  They made and broke treaties with those same indians and forced them off of their land.  I don't think they would have batted an eye when it came to telling this Imam to fuck off were they faced with the decision that is being discussed.  Basically, the founding fathers were not the pansy ass bend over and take it up the ass types that we have become as a nation today.

Great post.  We need to stop being globalists and start being nationalists.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to know who's building it... and by that I mean what construction company. Is it mandated by NYC that union workers have to do it or can it be a private developer company?

Either way... that seems to be a good direction to go. The people who are going to be stacking the bricks. If they have any values they'll refuse to lift a finger... especially if they're NY'ers.If they're NY'ers and they do it then they're sell outs.

My opinion....
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A little of both.... Who would have guessed 20 years ago that the most common name in Holland today would be Mohammed? At the rate things are going now, where might we be in USA in 20 years? Look at birth rates and it's not far fetched to think your kids or grandkids may end up living in a country much different than the one we grew up in.

My kids already live in a country different than the one I grew up in.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#11]
The first and most popular approach is to pretend we don't have a Constitution, frequently by repeating catch-phrases like "The Constitution is Not a Suicide Pact!"

A less popular approach in the real world, where people have to take responsibility for what they say, but a runaway hit on the internet, is to invent or repeat slurs about Islam.

The approach which is most popular in the public arena is to intimate, or hint at, rather than say outright, slurs and slanders.

There's no decent or honorable, or patriotic, or freedom-loving way to do it.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You're right. There's no way that any laws can be passed to prevent it.

If a bunch of wacko nutjobs decided they wanted to "take the law into their own hands", I suppose it could be prevented.

Or you could try my approach: not give a damn what someone builds on their own private property as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or deprive anyone else of their liberty.

My brain understands that you are correct in your thinking, and I will publicly support this view.  My soul, however, feels that a great injustice is being done.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:03:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a bunch of wacko nutjobs decided they wanted to "take the law into their own hands", I suppose it could be prevented.

Or you could try my approach: not give a damn what someone builds on their own private property as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or deprive anyone else of their liberty.

My brain understands that you are correct in your thinking, and I will publicly support this view.  My soul, however, feels that a great injustice is being done.

Souls are so overrated.

Listen to your brain.  Your heart is just a pump looking for an excuse to stop working at the most inopportune moment.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:10:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Souls are so overrated.

Listen to your brain.  Your heart is just a pump looking for an excuse to stop working at the most inopportune moment.
I would propose that your brain is where the soul resides.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:11:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

We The People cannot stop the Victory Mosque legally. Our masters have told us that freedom of religion demands that we allow our murderers to gloat over the graves of their victims.

Those damned Masters, the founding fathers, oppressing us with their damned yoke the Constitution!

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appeal to their sense of tolerance, good taste, respect, and propriety.

Good luck.

I hear you.  

Since the Imam is a citizen, the only legal way would be to tell the Saudis we don't want to let them fund it.  A foreign power has no right to buy or build anything in the US and they can be legally told to keep their money.  Would it really be worth it?

Yes , however the Wahabist would just channel the money through CAIR But at least it is something
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those damned Masters, the founding fathers, oppressing us with their damned yoke the Constitution!

ARRGH, the Liberty, it burrrnnnnsss!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:15:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
probably the easiest way would be for us to abandon the concept of private property rights.

Already been done, thats why its just a concept now.  Seize it under imminent domain and put a Wal-Mart there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't stop it. I just open up a pork barbeque joint to their left and an all you can eat shrimp and scallops bar on the right.

Hey, its a free country right?

All they would do is go to the city council, tell them that your pork/shrimp business offends them. The council then closes you down and puts a zoning rule stating that there can be no pork products within 1000 yards of any mosque to avoid offending them. Our country is not as free as we once thought it was.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

move to dearborne Mich. and see how much liberty you have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:40:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there some particular liberty you think has gone away in Dearborne, Mich. ?

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup Move there then post some billboards with your address in the town about the superiority of Atheism over Islam and a contact number for more information. I could be wrong about the response you will receive. PS. Don't forget to add the cartoons of Mohamed
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but could that also not be seen simply as apathy? How close do we have to get to imposing Sharia law, when it will impact how we live our lives, to start to give a damn?

The ultimate test is the US Constitution.

Does building a muslim community center 2 blocks away from ground zero violate the constitution?  No.

Do most elements of Sharia law violate the constitution?  Yes.

Pretty simple test.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Run a herd of swine in there for a while!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup Move there then post some billboards with your address in the town about the superiority of Atheism over Islam and a contact number for more information. I could be wrong about the response you will receive. PS. Don't forget to add the cartoons of Mohamed

So you're saying that if I deliberately try to upset people, and solicit their upset responses, then if I receive the responses I've set out to get, then I have lost some particular liberty, which you have still not named.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Just like our mil's ROE's, they are using our Constitution against us.

Therefore you need to fight outside of the box.

My solution get as many milk tankers as you can to all the pig slaughter houses around the country, collect all the pig's blood you can and drive it to Ground Zero. Then affix those shower heads similar to what they use on the brine-trucks used to salt the roads in winter and, start an outward spiral from GZ and spray that blood all over the roads and vacant property as far as it will last. That would "poison the soil" and scare them off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're saying that if I deliberately try to upset people, and solicit their upset responses, then if I receive the responses I've set out to get, then I have lost some particular liberty, which you have still not named.

Yep.  That is exactly what you do on this website.  You're too chicken to go trollin' in real life it would seem.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

come now what Liberty do you share with them that allows them to practice their religion and Atheists to troll only Christians????? Freedom of________  It's the ___st Amendment
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:24:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

come now what Liberty do you share with them that allows them to practice their religion and Atheists to troll only Christians????? Freedom of________  It's the ___st Amendment

There's an old saying, in western culture, which comes from the Roman language Latin, which goes "questio quid juris" and means in English "I ask what law."

What I mean by employing it here is to ask, which law it is you believe allows "them" to practice their religion and Atheists to troll only Christians.

I don't know of any liberty which allows Atheists to troll only Christians.

I don't know of any liberty which is absent in Dearborne Mich. which is why I asked and am still curious.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My solution get as many milk tankers as you can to all the pig slaughter houses around the country, collect all the pig's blood you can and drive it to Ground Zero. Then affix those shower heads similar to what they use on the brine-trucks used to salt the roads in winter and, start an outward spiral from GZ and spray that blood all over the roads and vacant property as far as it will last. That would "poison the soil" and scare them off.

LOL what is this? Voodoo?  It won't work, they scrubbed the outside area with ground up brick dust to ward off evilness that you described.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Welcome to America, yeah it sucks about the mosque but there isn't shit you can do.

Sure there is - find building features that are required for the mosque and pass zoning ordinances that don't allow them.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL what is this? Voodoo?  It won't work, they scrubbed the outside area with ground up brick dust to ward off evilness that you described.

Voodooo is precisely what it is!

A sort tribal voodoo curse used to keep out Jews and Muslims by deliberately blaspheming their faith and profaning their places of worship with sacrilege.

Sort of like going into a church and profaning the altar and the host with excrement.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

There's an old saying, in western culture, which comes from the Roman language Latin, which goes "questio quid juris" and means in English "I ask what law."

What I mean by employing it here is to ask, which law it is you believe allows "them" to practice their religion and Atheists to troll only Christians.

I don't know of any liberty which allows Atheists to troll only Christians.

I don't know of any liberty which is absent in Dearborne Mich. which is why I asked and am still curious.

Go find out dude, they will explain it to you

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  That is exactly what you do on this website.  You're too chicken to go trollin' in real life it would seem.  

this
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you move to Compton, and post billboards advertising a KKK rally in your back yard, fly confederate flags all over your house...
You've 'lost liberty' because the local population gets pissed at you over it?

Using your 'freedom of speech' to piss people off, and claiming 'rights violation' when they get pissed, is a favorite tactic of the Left...

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That would piss off a lot more 'normal' people than Muslims....

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The first and most popular approach is to pretend we don't have a Constitution, frequently by repeating catch-phrases like "The Constitution is Not a Suicide Pact!"

A less popular approach in the real world, where people have to take responsibility for what they say, but a runaway hit on the internet, is to invent or repeat slurs about Islam.

The approach which is most popular in the public arena is to intimate, or hint at, rather than say outright, slurs and slanders.

There's no decent or honorable, or patriotic, or freedom-loving way to do it.

Such as? I mean theoretically. I've found that most of the finger wagging liberals who love Islam don't actually know the first thing about it.
They have a simplistic "western view" that are religions are equal, they all preach the same thing, etc. so what slurs against Islam have you heard??
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So if you move to Compton, and post billboards advertising a KKK rally in your back yard, fly confederate flags all over your house...

You've 'lost liberty' because the local population gets pissed at you over it?

Using your 'freedom of speech' to piss people off, and claiming 'rights violation' when they get pissed, is a favorite tactic of the Left...

Yeah so? It seems to be a favorite tactic of "legal Jihadis" as well, you don't seem to have a problem with that. It was strange to see the 'flip' of opinion about that church that is gonna burn Korans, but thats ok, because the gov't actually stopped them despite a free speech issue.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I wouldnt be too proud to show up in the afterlife and admit that I tried to stop a church from being built because I disagree with their ideology. Your mileage obviously varies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Buy the building from him?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a good solution for how you would stop the mosque from being built? Given that our politicians have failed us in so many ways over the years, and they are already drunk with too much power, I would not want them to have the power to stop any church from being built. I also believe building a mosque there is a symbol on conquest for Islam over us "infidels". Islam stands against everything that is American. Yet being American also means all the cooks and nuts are free to believe in whatever religion they want to believe, to peacefully assemble, and to have free speech even if it they call for our destruction.

I'm not really sure what would be the right or constitutionally sound American way to stop a mosque at ground zero. Off the top of my head I say we raise so much money that the current owner can't resist selling it to us and then we put in a Hooters Restaurant in its place.

I really don't have a good solution. Any ideas?

You build a synagogue on one side and a Jehovah's Witness temple on the other.   License the Weiner Mobile to vend in the front.

If they're intolerant, they move.   If they're tolerant - they stay and everyone enjoys the diversity.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Buy the building from him?

actually that could be the plan
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Stop the builders and you stop the building.

Isn't NYC full of unions construction workers? Is there really a self-respecting NY construction worker that would lift one finger to build this?
I'm guessing not all construction has to be done by union but still... if not the thugs from the union bullying them then how about the organized crime...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#44]
You don't stop it.

First amendment and all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#45]
There is a simple way. It was done in the Netherlands... Somebody spilled pig's blood in a building that was to be renovated and turned into a Mosque. They abandoned the plan afterward as the site was now 'unclean.'
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There is a simple way. It was done in the Netherlands... Somebody spilled pig's blood in a building that was to be renovated and turned into a Mosque. They abandoned the plan afterward as the site was now 'unclean.'

Haha, that's actually pretty awesome.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Open a pork BBQ restaurant next to the proposed site on one side, and a strip club on the other side?  

And an even LARGER Jewish Mosque on the third side.

I have much more to add, but CoC would not be friendly.

As it is System Message will be making an appearance before this is over.

ETA Only way I'd like to see it built was if they would agree to have Jewish workers and CIA contractors build it. Also could have a pig slaughterhouse built next door. That would be cool too.

I agree the Constitution has to be followed no matter what, but these people are going to hurt this country, in a way that makes 9/11 look like a small accident.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, that's actually pretty awesome.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Stop the builders and you stop the building.

Isn't NYC full of unions construction workers? Is there really a self-respecting NY construction worker that would lift one finger to build this?
I'm guessing not all construction has to be done by union but still... if not the thugs from the union bullying them then how about the organized crime...

They will import them from Saudi and Obama will personally approve the visas.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top