Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2010 3:07:41 PM EDT
Hi all, I seem to recall there was a member of this site who worked for Bell helicopters.

I don't know their name but I have a question for anyone who may be able to help.

I really would like to get a bigger, good quality down load of the below pic for a desktop image, this is the only size I can find, can anyone help with this?

Also for anyone who works in the plastic model /  Bell helicopter industry, why the heck won't they produce a plastic model of the Bell 407, that will most likly be the closest I can get to owning one.

I've got two Bell 206 Jet Rangers, would love to get a 206 Long Ranger and my favorite Bell 407

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
While they're helping you out they can get me the current status on the BA609.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't work for bell, but I have worked on the Bell 206 Jet ranger!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Revell-Germany makes a pretty nice 1/32 scale 206. Rework the rotor head to make it a 4-rotor.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Revell-Germany makes a pretty nice 1/32 scale 206. Rework the rotor head to make it a 4-rotor.

I was thinking of doing that, but I'd need to lengthen the whole thing and widen it and make the windows larger and fit new seating inside, I'm no where near good enough or patient enough to do that, nor am I confident I can get the scale correct for the lengthening and widening.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I may have posted this at a low traffic time for GD, NZ day time, so hereis a quick bump, anyone know where / how I can get a large high res version of the above Bell Helicopter pic?

Thanks heaps all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi all, I seem to recall there was a member of this site who worked for Bell helicopters.

I don't know their name but I have a question for anyone who may be able to help.

I really would like to get a bigger, good quality down load of the below pic for a desktop image, this is the only size I can find, can anyone help with this?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/Berettadeprived/100_groupYY5Q4091.jpg

Also for anyone who works in the plastic model /  Bell helicopter industry, why the heck won't they produce a plastic model of the Bell 407, that will most likly be the closest I can get to owning one.

I've got two Bell 206 Jet Rangers, would love to get a 206 Long Ranger and my favorite Bell 407

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/Berettadeprived/Picture005Medium-1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/Berettadeprived/0903150011Medium.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/Berettadeprived/0903150012Medium.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

That would be me ... and a few others more than likely.  I know two other guys that post here regularly.

I'll see what I can do about the image ... I may be able to get it.

I'm with you on the 407!  My favorite hands down.  I'm not sure why no one has made a model of it yet, but I'd support anyone who knows anyone at Accurate Miniatures or one of the good model companies that wants to build one.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As soon as someone can tell me the current status of the BA609!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking of doing that, but I'd need to lengthen the whole thing and widen it and make the windows larger and fit new seating inside, I'm no where near good enough or patient enough to do that, nor am I confident I can get the scale correct for the lengthening and widening.

I saw photos somewhere of that done.  Looked decent.  If you could find an OH-58D model, that would make a better place to start.

You might try Micro West as they build the wooden models for our customers.  They aren't cheap, but much less than a real one!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:57:17 AM EDT
[#9]
To Kilo Bravo, thanks heaps mate, I would appreciate anything you could do.

I'll send an email to some of the more well known model makers and diecast makers and see what reasons they give, might be part of their licence agreements with Eurocopter mean they arn't allowed to make other manufacturers aircraft, I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Academy makes a 1/35 OH-48D kit. The whole turbine shroud is very different between a 407 and Kiowa Warrior, but perhaps other dimensions of the cabin are close enough. Lots of razor saw and putty work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That would be me ... and a few others more than likely.  I know two other guys that post here regularly.

If you have worked with them for a while, as in 15 years or more, I bet money you know one of my close relatives.

I tried sending you a IM, just for kicks and giggles to see if you do, but for some reason it wouldn't work.   Perhaps because I'm not a team member or something.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Subscribing...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As soon as someone can tell me the current status of the BA609!  

i'm pretty sure agusta took over development on the 609.

http://www.bellagusta.com/

Edit - Maybe not. From here:  http://www.agustawestland.com/product/ba609

AgustaWestland and Bell harness their combined design, development, production, and customer support strengths in the joint venture company Bell/Agusta Aerospace (BAAC) to provide the BA609.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe Quib worked either for them or closely with them.  I don't think he's currently active, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't work for Bell, but I've been there.

I did go for a ride in a AgustaWestland AW139 (the Agusta/Bell AB139) recently.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#16]
<–––– works for Bell.

Can't say that I've ever seen that picture before.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't work for Bell but have worked on them for years.

We have two AW139's that we are currently getting ready to trade in for newest models. I'm not really sure of the models we have right now. I go back to work tomorrow night and will try and get a few pics and the model type.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I worked for Agusta from 2002 to 2005. The AW139 is a bad machine. Five blade fully articulated main rotor, four blade fully articulated tail rotor, glass cockpit, twin pt6's, autopilot, room for 15 of your closest friends. I'm sure they've stuffed more goodies in it since I've been there, too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have two AW139's that we are currently getting ready to trade in for newest models. I'm not really sure of the models we have right now. I go back to work tomorrow night and will try and get a few pics and the model type.

ERA?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ERA?

PHI.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ERA?

PHI.

Ah, my apologies. I wasn't aware PHI had any 139's. But then, I haven't been keeping up with the news.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Well all, incase you were wandering, Kilo Bravo is awesome, he came through and sent me a hi res version of the pic I was after.

It is FANTASTIC in hi res and my new wallpaper, I put it on my wife computer too.

Thanks
Kilo bravo.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Remember the Bell/Boeing mosque ad?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#24]
How many ex Delta guys are still at "Belta"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top