Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 9:35:09 PM EDT
i live in central texas and cannot believe the lack of attention our troops are getting in afganistan. in my local paper and on the news,radio and tv, there has not been a single word about afganistan in about two weeks. i do not want reports of details that give away security of our troops. it is like the whole thing didn't/isn't happening. what happened to 'never forget'?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
They forgot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Too busy with the Isreali, Palestinian thing. Other peoples wars are more important than our own.

The one good thing about it is that if the media doesn't tell us about soldiers dieing, the whiners/protestors have far less ammunition. I think that this is anything but forgotten to the people who understand it, for the rest of the little sheepies, it is back to what the media wants them to think.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Too busy with the Isreali, Palestinian thing. Other peoples wars are more important than our own.

View Quote

The media are allowed to take pics in Israel for sensationalism. Therefore it is more "News Worthy"
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a concerted effort by the media to keep any "pro-Bush" news out of the public eye for a while.  They're tired of 80%+ approval ratings.

Anyone know what the latest numbers are for Bush?  I strongly believe they are dropping.  I'm hearing/seeing increasing criticism and ridicule of him, and fewer people are talking about his achievements and hard work.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They forgot.
View Quote

I live in West Texas and I have not forgotten.  I put my flag out an hour after the second jet struck the WTC and it is still flying.  I think I will keep it up at least until the entire WTC area has been cleaned up.

Edited because I can't spell.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
So did they catch the anthrax mailer or what?  Have not heard anything about this for many weeks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:49:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So did they catch the anthrax mailer or what?  Have not heard anything about this for many weeks.
View Quote

I have no idea, but I am interested as well.  Consider this response a BTT... with the question... Anthrax, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week on all the news channels, now nothing... notta... not even a damned rumor.

If I were the sort to believe in conspiracies...  

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#9]
No, the media (TV) don't show it much because there isn't much to show. Since a picture is worth a thousand words they go with what they have pictures of, Israel/Palestine conflict. The U.S. military needs to learn to work with the camera people instead of locking them out. Then we would see more of what's going on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just heard that anyone who uses the US mail can now be considered a terrorist.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone know what the latest numbers are for Bush?
View Quote

Yahoo/Reuters reported that the latest poll shows Bush's foreign-policy approval rating is down to 65% now.  (Also, 60% of Americans favor terminating all foreign-aid money to Israel.)
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:50:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just heard that anyone who uses the US mail can now be considered a terrorist.
View Quote

Say what now?!

As for the topic, remember who owns most of the media outlets. They wouldn't have an agenda to push would they?

[beer] to the Troops.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go Packers. Superbowl Champions I, II, XXXI
View Quote

[:D]  I'm from God's Country.  Ah, Bart Starr . . . and The Coach.
View Quote

This brought back some great memories, although my memory fails me sometimes.  It was either in the late 70s or early 80s that I had an opportunity to meet Ray Nitschke in a restaurant in Greensboro.  Alas, the restaurant and one of my early heroes is now gone.  Some of my faint memory remains.  

He didn't want that ring to leave his hand but my friend Earl cajoled him into it.  The ring did not leave our adjoining table, nor did it leave his sight!

This is the man I saw that night "Off the field, he was a gentle giant. In his dark horn-rimmed glasses and traditional business suit, he was thoughtful, intelligent, and soft-hearted, traits that his opponents rarely, if ever, saw."

[url]http://www.profootballhof.com/players/mainpage.cfm?cont_id=27416[/url]

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top