Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 7:50:04 PM EDT
how mutch does a hk psg1 cost and if any 1 has pics can they post them?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Its nickname is the $10,000 sniper rifle if that gives you a clue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Playing Metal Gear Solid and want one now?  Bah, HK piece of shit.  It'll run you about 10-15k cuz they can't be imported anymore.  Save your cash and just get a Tango-51 or something.  Semi-auto sniper rifle is retarded, get yourself a nice bolt action.  Besides, you can only use the scope that it comes with unless you pay someone ALOT to make up another mount, and the scope is fixed power, BAH!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually the last one I actually saw for sale was going for $14,000.00.

[img]http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/psg1/psg1a.gif[/img]

[img]http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/psg1/psg1b.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]www.hkpro.com/psg1.jpg[/img]

Here's some good info on it (great site if you're an HK fan)
[url]http://www.hkpro.com/psg1.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/military/specappframeset.html[/url]

go here

[fixed link code - Paul]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
......Semi-auto sniper rifle is retarded, get yourself a nice bolt action....
View Quote

[b]EXACTLY!!![/b] Semi auto sniper rifles are for pansies.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Well i guess i would just be better of buying a new truck for that mutch thans.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would you buy a truck?!?!?
Buy 5 or 6 or 7 new rifles!!!!!!!
You can always walk.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:03:19 AM EDT
[#10]
So what is the accuracy of one of those PSG-1's.  I've heard many who have Walther or Rock barreled Armalite AR10(T) and Stoner SR-25 Match Rifles tell of .5 MOA and better (5-10 round groups).  My AR-(T) with a non-rate like me shooting is <1MOA all day long.

My bolt gun (a Stock Remington PSS) is not as accurate as my AR-10(T).  

For the money I'd get a great rifle, an awesome scope, a dirtbike and a huge pile of ammo.

Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:19:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Again, if this were a poll, then I'd vote to get one.  
Shoot it first, and confirm that the rifle you are considering performs at a level you seek.  Parts are expensive, and this rifle's performance begins to border on the "hang it on the wall (or hide it in the safe) and brag about the potential" extreme.  If you have to ask, then it's not for you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:06:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Actually the last one I actually saw for sale was going for $14,000.00.
View Quote

Can be gotten for under ten G's. You just have to be patient. (Assuming of course you have the money and think the 100% mark-up is worthwhile.)

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Where?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Now would I tell [b]you[/b]. [:P]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#15]
How often do these HK rifles win at Camp Perry?

That's [u]all[/u] I want to know.

Eric The([u]Not[/u]Surprised)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:01:21 AM EDT
[#16]
There was actually a PSG-1 sitting next to us at Tulsa last weekend...  $15,000 FIRM!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#17]
And I bet it left with it's owner at the end of the Show, right?

You can buy a mess of National Match M1A1s for that price!

Pass 'em out to your friends at Armageddon![}:D]

Eric The([b]Think'Parts,Mags,Repairs'[/b])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, they ARE expensive, but it's not ALL HK-Hype.

Here's it's younger brother, he shoots .5 moa, not too bad for a lead hose!

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Wadguns/HK_SR9T_Left.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
It was just a month or two ago that 'EliteFirearmsInKY' had one posted in the EE F/S @ $10k.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Let's look at this logically and compare normalized MOA per Buck figures.  The PSG1 is $15,000 and shoots 0.2 MOA.  You can get a decent FrankenFAL that shoots 3 MOA for $500.  The PSG1 is 15 times more accurate but 30 times more expensive.  Hell, with 15Gs you can outfit your own platoon with FALS.  Go with a FAL! [;)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey Marvl,

Your formula breaks down at high values of MOA.

I can throw a rock at about 240 MOA and that is free!

Stupid analysis I know, but I would guess that there is an exponential relationship between accuracy and price.  0.5-1.0 MOA can be had for $650, but Sub .05 MOA costs a lot more.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm not sure if this is true, but an article I had read once on the PSG-1 stated that it is test fired 50 shots at the factory.  If all 50 shots aren't in a 3" group at 300 yds, then HK doesn't sell it.  Sure, 3" at 300 yds is only 1 MOA, but when people talk about their .25 MOA groups they are usually talking 3-5 shot groups, not 50...  The article didn't mention if the rifle was cleaned between shots, allowed to completely cool, etc though.

Like just about anything, you can pay 25% as much for something that does the job 90% as good, 50% as much for something that does 95% as good, etc.  Its that last extra bit of performance that costs the big bucks.

That being said, the PSG-1 is one big honkin' rifle for what it does.  I've only ever have gotten the opportunity to hold one (ever so carefully) once, but I think it is around 18lbs unloaded.

Rocko
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How often do these HK rifles win at Camp Perry?

That's [u]all[/u] I want to know.

Eric The([u]Not[/u]Surprised)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

NEVER, since the only rifles allowed for competition are US military rifles, AR15, M1 Garand, M14, etc. Otherwise everyone would be winning perry with a PSS or some other 700 action.

What everyone is failing to understand is the purpose of the PSG1. It is not, and was never offered as, the "most accurate rifle in the world." Most bolt guns will out perform them. That is just the way it is. The PSG1 is way too big and heavy for field sniper craft. And that is because it was NOT designed as a field sniper gun, or even for hunting appliactions.

What is WAS designed for is LE snipers. People who have to engage multiple targets quickly inside 100m during hostage rescue situations. Trust me if it is your life they are saving from 4 bad guys you don't want the snipers f*cking around with a bolt. The idea is to quickly get on and kill the next guy.

The ONLY military role it would be practical in is a similar urban, close range, multiple target environment where rapid, precision shots are necessary.

You'd think the guys at AR15.com would know this. Sheesh.

Editted to add, the 10-14k are PREBAN prices. The rifle used to retail for 5k and still does for LE. Very few were sold to civlians so that price has double or tripled like most other prebans of any worth.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#24]
A buddy had tuned up his HK91 with PSG-1 stocks, pistol grip, trigger group, etc. and slapped a nice Swarovski scope on it.  Beautiful rifle could shoot MOA or less all day long, but it was pricey and heavy as hell.

He eventually sold it for about $4K.

The only real reason I can see for buying an HK PSG-1 (the real deal) is because you've got the cash and really just want the thing.  There are semi-auto's that costs a lot less and shoot darned near as well, and their are bolt guns that shoot WAAAY better and cost only a couple grand.  So why buy it except for the Gee-Whizz factor.  Sorta like the WA-2000.  Only a handful made. Super cool design, incredible tack driver, but so damned specialized and expensive no-one really wanted to screw with it.  

For a practical field sniper rifle, it is hard to beat a properly built M700 sniper rifle, but not the massive M40A3 (too many bells and whistles for the field.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top