Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 7:46:35 PM EDT
Seems many techies are upset by the big bad government trying to put a stop to the oftentimes illegal activities of many copying music, movies, software and such and are whimpering all the way to the U.S. Senate about supposed and perceived "rights" of copying. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,50092,00.html
While I support the commonly held "fair use" doctrine of copying TV shows on a VCR to watch later or a song or two from a cd you just bought I do not condone the truly illegal activities of many of these techies and their willful attempt to deny the entertainment and software industries of their deserved incomes. So I see that there is a problem that needs addressing. All I can say to those upset techies is welcome to the world us law abiding gun owners already have to deal with. An overbearing government at the hands of a dedicated minority that seeks to wrest away a true Constitutional right to have and bear arms. No Constitutional right to music, movies and software exists nor is the government specifically limited in its ability to regulate, limit and ban the U.S. Citizen's access and possession of. If the government will take away our Constitutionally guaranteed rights they will take away anything else they (and the those evil doers lurking behind the scenes) deem appropriate. Perhaps these techies should be brought into the fold of our cause as gun owners to restore our rights. Till then welcome to the new world order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top