Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/11/2002 6:00:24 PM EDT
I saw in a catalog I got that a stripped DPMS receiver is only $99. Is this a good deal? Are they any good or do they suck?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:48:46 PM EDT
I wouldn't trade my DPMS for any Bushmaster, Armalite, Oly, or any other AR. Can't praise them enough.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:01:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:47:47 PM EDT
I have an opinion on this topic but it would not be welcome here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:51:17 AM EDT
Mine is probably the same a TommyBrown.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:20:52 AM EDT
TommyBrown: I have an opinion on this topic but it would not be welcome here.
View Quote
Of course it would. That's exactly what holes45 asked for - opinions. This ol' board would be incredibly boring if everyone always agreed on everything. [i]Is yours out of spec too?[/i] [;D]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:05:32 PM EDT
I have 3 DPMS lowers, 1 forged and 2 cast. The forged lower is perfect in every way and I'd take it over my Colt post-ban lower with it's non-standard trigger pins anyday. The cast lowers both needed some fitting where the rear lug of the upper fits into place. A little work with a Dremel and they both not only work well with any upper I've tried, but they have a very good fit that doesn't allow any movement between the upper and lower. You'd swear there was an AccuWedge or soemthing in there. They both have made a great foundation for target rifles. The forged lower is without a doubt the better deal, but the cast lowers are very nice if you don't mind a little fitting.
Top Top