Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/11/2002 4:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2002 4:19:40 PM EDT by cgwahl]
I know this isn't about guns, but heard on the radio that the Senate (all but two Democrats and no Republicans) voted for and passed the soda tax. Keep in mind this doesn't just include soda. It also includes juice and milk. Its passed its first hurdle...write letters so it won't pass the second. Smokes, soda, bullets...next is going to be burgers/meat products... *EDIT* I may be wrong about the milk, it might be exempted (and some types of juices). I hate legalese. [url]http://info.sen.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_1520&sess=CUR&house=B&site=sen[/url]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:26:42 PM EDT
The California legislature won't rest until everything is either illegal or taxed. They need to make lawmakers illegal.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:47:49 PM EDT
I love it. I hope they continue and end up taxing breathing. Tax daylight. Tax moonlight. Tax each word you say. Tax Tax Tax. Maybe eventually the sheep there will wake up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:04:55 PM EDT
It wasn't passed by the senate, it just got out of the health and human services comittee, or something like that. Next it goes to a taxation related comittee, then to the full senate.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:06:08 PM EDT
It escapes me why all the illegals want to live in California. It escapes me why all the legals want to live there too. It really escapes me why anybody who lives there puts up with their out-of-control government. Clearly the fantastic natural beauty and unheard of good weather destroys the better judgement of otherwise intelligent people.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:40:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MadMatt: It wasn't passed by the senate, it just got out of the health and human services comittee, or something like that. Next it goes to a taxation related comittee, then to the full senate.
View Quote
Really? Good I guess. Guess I heard the radio wrong or the guy had it wrong. Heres hoping the legislatures grow a brain but I just know I'm kidding myself...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:43:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AlphaBobRI: It escapes me why all the illegals want to live in California. It escapes me why all the legals want to live there too. It really escapes me why anybody who lives there puts up with their out-of-control government. Clearly the fantastic natural beauty and unheard of good weather destroys the better judgement of otherwise intelligent people.
View Quote
Can't beat the weather and most of us are too ignorant to move. Besides, what state will take us? Say you came from California and the guy you're talking to will probably club you over the head and drag you over to the state line...[BD] [B)]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:45:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cgwahl: ... Besides, what state will take us? Say you came from California and the guy you're talking to will probably club you over the head and drag you over to the state line...[BD] [B)]
View Quote
I believe its an act mandated by the Texas state constitution.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:49:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tantalus:
Originally Posted By cgwahl: ... Besides, what state will take us? Say you came from California and the guy you're talking to will probably club you over the head and drag you over to the state line...[BD] [B)]
View Quote
View Quote
Oregon too!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:55:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cgwahl: Can't beat the weather and most of us are too ignorant to move. Besides, what state will take us? Say you came from California and the guy you're talking to will probably club you over the head and drag you over to the state line...[BD] [B)]
View Quote
I am not sure that it is required by our constitution, however I can't find a prescribed punishment at a glance. You guys may be on to something here.... Thanks for answering my ?? before I asked it. I was curious as to why anyone in their RIGHT mind would choose to live there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:13:50 PM EDT
One thing California won't outlaw is gay sex...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:31:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 10-X:
Originally Posted By Tantalus:
View Quote
View Quote
Oregon too!
View Quote
Good Lord don't get me started about Oregon. I love visiting family up there, the weather is nice and stuff, but do you guys really have to force us Californian's off the road? Seems like you see the CA license plate and thats an excuse to go nuts...shoot even my uncle who lives up there noticed the difference when he'd use the van to show us around. Californian's are people too you know...[stick] hehe.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:43:12 PM EDT
What - no fat tax? [rolleyes] If prison rape is the proper analogy, I'd say they're at the dropping [u]your[/u] drawers stage. Next, they'll be dopping theirs. Then comes the rear-end job. Face it - you're getting [sex]ed by the usual suspects. Again. Take your queue from the "Lost in Space" robot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:38:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By marvl: The California legislature won't rest until everything is either illegal or taxed. They need to make lawmakers illegal.
View Quote
Oklahoma is right behind um!
Top Top