Link Posted: 8/27/2010 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found a monster this evening.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/hungrymonkey/DSCN2379.jpg

with a G19 as a size reference.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/hungrymonkey/DSCN2380.jpg

One of the willamette opened up to show the good stuff.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/hungrymonkey/DSCN2382.jpg

Nice pics , especially the Glock & Bud - pic .

Now we're gonna have to get all hopped up on your next dinner pic.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How to order and grow it?

about ten posts up.  

www.freshops.com  They are available in March.  If you order through a brew website, they buy from freshops and have it shipped to their store then they ship it to you.  If you buy direct, they ship directly to you for a reasonable price.  

I live in hop paradise.  The willamette valley is a huge hop producer.  If you get up by Salem Oregon, the hop fields go on for miles and miles.  
Where I live, used to be a big producer.  But it died out 50+ years ago and was replaced by the lumber industry.  The soil is very acidic and a huge clay layer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damn, thought this would be a chance to clear some potheads off the board

The brewers get it right off the bat.  

The potheads get super excited, then get super dissapointed.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, thought this would be a chance to clear some potheads off the board

The brewers get it right off the bat.  

The potheads get super excited, then get super dissapointed.

I still think we need a homebrew section on this board.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Almost there.  
I just need to finish up a few things.  box the burners in, then paint.

It should be 100% gravity, even to the fermenter.

Almost all done with my all grain conversion.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#7]
"This is grain, which any fool can eat... but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.  Let us give praise to the Lord and his bounty... by learning about... BEER."
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
My vote is for a Double IPA(ala pliney the elder(same hops iirc)), or Imperial Red!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I 2nd the homebrew forum.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#10]
hopefully I can finish up the sculpture on Sunday.  I have most of the day off.

I have been scratching my head for the past week about how to mount the burners.  The top part of the frame is not exactly square.  the cross section measures 24" diagonally, but 23.85" on the other diagonal.  I had made some 45* cuts on the tubing, thinking I could mount them off of that.  But yesterday I realized it would be easier to just build a box around the burner with the square tubing, then mount the box in the center.

I am not a fabricating genius.  

Its taken me about a year to get to this point.  Between buying the parts, and time to work on it.  I will add some castors to the bottom of the brew rig, to facilitate moving it around my driveway.  It should add a couple of inches to the height.  Currently its 57" to the top of the highest tier.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice! The more the bitter!

ETA: “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

ETA2: Another beer loving monkey!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Sweet!!
I made a Sierra Nevada Pale All All Grain clone using Willamettes and Cascades. LOTS of cascades.

Northern Brewer was for the Anchor Steam clone IIRC. Have to break out the brewing log/notebook.
You grew some high alpha acid varieties too.  Chinook et al.  Careful with those...

ETA too bad youre so far away. I have 3 full all grain setups, 15 corny (pepsi) 5 gallon kegs, jocky boxes, multiple CO2 tanks, regulators. The whole works
for kegging. I bottled 1 batch then went directly to kegs.  Had a nice fridge in the basement with a high temp thermostat and 3 kegs on
tap at all times.  Ran into a little trouble with consumption though so I dont brew anymore
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hmm... IPA or ales... tough call.

Technically, an IPA is an ale. The Brits, back in their glory days, found that getting good beer all the way to India was a bitch-tons and tons of spoilage (aw, fuck, who orderd 200 barrels of malt vinegar?). So, the India Pale Ale is what they came up with. Brewed to have a high alcohol content (to prevent spoilage), they also realized that hops also work as a preservative. Since beer was properly high on the list of shit that needed to make the sea voyage intact and unspoiled, they added a fuckton of hops as well. Which is good, because otherwise, IPA would be a high alcohol, sweet, cloying, nasty beverage. Because hops also have the beneficial effect of balancing the sweetness of the malt in the beer.

And that, boys and girls, is the story of how IPA came to be.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sweet!!
I made a Sierra Nevada Pale All All Grain clone using Willamettes and Cascades. LOTS of cascades.

Northern Brewer was for the Anchor Steam clone IIRC. Have to break out the brewing log/notebook.
You grew some high alpha acid varieties too.  Chinook et al.  Careful with those...

ETA too bad youre so far away. I have 3 full all grain setups, 15 corny (pepsi) 5 gallon kegs, jocky boxes, multiple CO2 tanks, regulators. The whole works
for kegging. I bottled 1 batch then went directly to kegs.  Had a nice fridge in the basement with a high temp thermostat and 3 kegs on
tap at all times.  Ran into a little trouble with consumption though so I dont brew anymore

post up the recipe!

I need to figure out what will be the first brew on my rig.  I am half tempted to do a simply Smash ale to figure out what I am doing.  Then go with something bigger.  
I downloaded brewtarget.  But its a bit confusing to use.
I will give brewsmith a try, since it has a 20 day trial.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
3rd a homebrew forum.  I'm a member on a homebrew page elsewhere, but it seems we have plenty of brewers here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nice! The more the bitter!

http://images3.cpcache.com/product/132528883v13_480x480_Front.jpg

ETA: “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

ETA2: Another beer loving monkey!

This is now my iPhone wallpaper.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Misleading title is misleading.

Hops are related to weed.

these are a few of my favorite things.

i wonder wht the beer from marijuana buds would be like

ps- ales

Well....THC is easily extracted and used in baking, etc in the form of oil or margarine, so I would think it could be made into a beverage. Try it and let us know.

Its called emulsifying, not extraction.

THC is not readily soluble in water, but is very soluble in ETOH and most fats. Emulsification is the process of breaking a non-soluble substance into miniscule particles such that it approximates a solution (e.g. oil and vinegar salad dressing) but is still technically a mixture. Since THC is actually dissolved in the fat or alcohol, it is not an emulsion.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top