Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2002 11:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2002 12:43:35 AM EDT by USPC40]
I was watching one of the episodes on History Channel International and decided to see if they are available on tape. With a little searching on the net, I found the company that actually produced Tales of the Gun. They have every episode available on tape for only $12 each. The episode about the M16 may be of particular interest with the folks around here. [:D] [center](Link to web site) --> [url=http://www.greystonehistory.com/tales.shtml]Greystone's American History Store[/url] <--[/center] USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:12:24 AM EDT
They just might do some business,,,[b]IF[/b].. they were avail. on DVD. VHS is history!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:40:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 7IDL: They just might do some business,,,[b]IF[/b].. they were avail. on DVD. VHS is history!
View Quote
DVD's what i've been waiting on..i haven't bought a prerecorded tape in 2 years.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:04:10 AM EDT
Did the "Tales of the Gun" ever do an episode on the Garand? I thought they did but did not see it on the list.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:43:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JThompson: Did the "Tales of the Gun" ever do an episode on the Garand? I thought they did but did not see it on the list.
View Quote
US Guns of WW2, close as you will get.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:50:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By curt:
Originally Posted By 7IDL: They just might do some business,,,[b]IF[/b].. they were avail. on DVD. VHS is history!
View Quote
DVD's what i've been waiting on..i haven't bought a prerecorded tape in 2 years.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:55:00 PM EDT
Without VHS how would we watch those [s]lame[/s] classic B-movies from the '70s and '80s?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:08:30 PM EDT
Why bother buying it ? Just tape it when it comes on.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:11:01 PM EDT
What time is it on? I've only seen it about five times but I love it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:37:38 PM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:11:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Philadelphia_GunMan: Why bother buying it ? Just tape it when it comes on.
View Quote
The series is no longer part of the History Channel's weekly line up. They only play one every now and then. I can sometimes catch one on History Channel International. They usually go by a different name, but it's still Tales of the Gun. To you DVD snobs, good luck! [:D] USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:47:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By flash-hider: Without VHS how would we watch those [s]lame[/s] classic B-movies from the '70s and '80s?
View Quote
Oh, not so quick... they are rushing to put almost everything on DVD and I do mean EVERYTHING! There is more cr@p on dvd than good stuff... but that IS changing! [:)]
Top Top