Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2002 9:41:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2002 9:51:40 PM EDT by LgAnimalVet]
Just a minute or two ago, I was enjoying a 1oz package of Planters salted cashews. As I threw a handful into my mouth and proceeded to chew them up I heard a loud CRACK. I thought that I had broken a tooth or something so I spit the saliva soaked contents into my hand. What I saw wasn't a cracked tooth--much to my relief, but two pieces of glass. Glass, in with my cashews! I put everything back into the half eaten pouch and thought I should get alittle advice from a knowledgable bunch of people on what I should do. Should I sue? Complain? Demand free nuts for life? What? Any of you lawyers want to take on Nabisco?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:46:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2002 9:54:39 PM EDT by Gunbert]
Get a new [s]set[/s] pack of nuts.[;D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:48:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:51:52 PM EDT
I know there is a great joke here, it just escapes me right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:57:03 PM EDT
Here comes some serious lawyer BS for a moment, then I wanna see some good jokes. No damages. You need to break something, or at least freak out because you almost ate glass and seek a psych. No damages means no recovery. Proof problems: Planters is just gonna say you are a scam artist who is just trying to rip off poor Mr. Peanut.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:59:17 PM EDT
Were they kosher?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:01:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:12:03 PM EDT
[red][size=4]OUCH![/size=4][/red][shock]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:38:37 PM EDT
Just matter of factly put the glass back and send it off to the parent company with a note. You are not damaged so nothing due to you more than a sorry and a bag of quality Pnuts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:47:51 PM EDT
Yeah, forget suing them. Here's what you do. Send Planters a letter. Start off by telling them how much you love their products; how you eat their cashews regularly; how you have tried other brands but always come back to Planters; how often you eat their nuts, etc. Then, in the letter, exclaim how surprised you were to find GLASS! in you bag of cashews. You've never had a problem with the hundreds of bags you've eaten before. You think this must be a fluke but you'd hate to have to switch to another brand blah blah anything else you can think of. With this tactic you're likely to get at least a gift certificate/coupon for a substantial quantity of nuts (along with a release/waiver form to sign and return absolving Planters of any liability from the glass episode) Try it, it may just work. Let us know what happens.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:47:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:57:48 AM EDT
I found some glass in hamburger meat purchased at a super WalMart. When I bit into the hamburger something crunched and scratched my lip. I returned the unused and half eaten meat for a double refund. I wasn't injured much and I got back double my money with out asking for it. Their insurance company contacted me all worried and concerned about my intentions. I told them nobody got hurt and that I understand that accidents happen. No big deal. Man, some people want to sue over anything! Mistakes happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:16:19 AM EDT
sue em for billions-no, trillions of dollars because you almost got slightly injured-I mean, think of what COULD have happened!!!! we wouldnt need lawyers if we didnt have lawyers...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:53:15 AM EDT
Do it for the children.
Top Top