Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 5:39:48 PM EDT
I'm going to Atlantic City next week for a few days and have nothing to do (I don't plan on gambling for 4 days unless I win BIG on day #1). My girlfriend has business meetings, so I have to find something to keep me occupied.

Neil
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
When will you be here? The club I belong to is having a J C Garand match on Sunday the 14th. I am planning to attend. Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I am booked solid at both jobs. On Friday during the day I will plan to practice with my AR for a highpower match on the 21st. You are welcome to come along on both Sun or Fri.

There are no gun shops in AC. The nearest good ones are about an hour away.

Check the yellow pages for fishing or tour day trips.

Unfortunately there aren't any revue shows where I work, but I will ask around town and see if there is anything worth seeing and check if I can get you tix.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What club is that, Leadbutt?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
On Friday during the day I will plan to practice with my AR for a highpower match on the 21st. You are welcome to come along on both Sun or Fri.
View Quote

We arrive on Tuesday, but will have to do the family visit thingy as GF is from the area. Hopefully, we will be leaving on Friday Afternoon. Your offer is greatly appreciated, but it looks like my timing sucks.

There are no gun shops in AC. The nearest good ones are about an hour away.
View Quote

My GF couldn't think of any in the city either. I've checked the net and there are a few within an hour, like you said. But since she is going to be in meetings all day long, I'll probably take the 1 hr drive, rather than hanging around the boardwalk.

Again, thanks for the offer!

Neil
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]
There are two in 20 minutes to AC, Atlantic Arsenal, he is interesting , small shop but has some outraegous stuff in the back. Old guns new in the box that have saat there for a decade or two. Zeus in Cardiff, Lou is the manager he is a good guy, didn't have much of a selection. Dicks in Mays Landing, some rifles, no big deal. R and R in Somers Point, Dicky is the best gunsmith in the area, bring him a cup of coffee and a pack of camels, he has got stories. Then Vineland, an hour away, the Rifle Rack , Butch's I use them alot, they are small but are packed with stuff by NJ standards.
If you go to Trenton area there are some bigger stores.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I work wierd hours.  The Wind mentioned Atlantic Arsenal, in Pleasantville. It is an interesting shop but they aren't there much anymore. I haven't been there in a long time. It is by appointment or luck.

My schedule for next week is a little better than I thought it would be. It looks as though I will have some daytime hours on thurs. I could probably pick you up at around 10 am to go to the range instead of Friday. I have to work in AC at 4 pm so would have you back by then.

The range is owned by the Hutton Hills Rifle and Revolver Club. It has a covered outdoor pistol range, an archery range, a very nice sporting clay setup and the rifle range has target frames out to 300 yards. It is in Winslow near the expressway.

Send an e-mail if you are interested: [email protected]

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:46:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea All is an interesting sort, I used to live near there, you have to get to know him to get anywhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top