Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 12:48:25 PM EDT
Do you suppose the rabble rousers on here are tracked by snoops from an org such as the ATF or FBI?  Does vociferously defending the Constitution and Bill of Rights get us branded as extremist "Patriots"?  I can imagine all our posts going into a database somewhere.

I tell ya, I gotta stop staying up for 3 days at a time and drinking an entire pot of espresso in one sitting. [whacko]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is:

CONSPIRACY, BOMBS, GOVERNMENT, PRESIDENT, NERVE GAS, ANTHRAX, SMALLPOX, NUCLEAR WEAPONS, CAPITOL HILL, CONGRESSMAN.....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All I can say is:

CONSPIRACY, BOMBS, GOVERNMENT, PRESIDENT, NERVE GAS, ANTHRAX, SMALLPOX, NUCLEAR WEAPONS, CAPITOL HILL, CONGRESSMAN.....

Scott

View Quote

umm, how the hell did you know those? I KNOW WHY I DO, (don't ask)
i for one would be proud to be a part of a "patiot " listing.
"come and take 'em"
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I seem to recall an anecdote about Bob Hope where he is visiting the USSR and assumes his hotel room is bugged.  Every night before turning in he announces loudly to the walls "Goodnight, comrades!"  [:)]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I just wanted to say "hello" to the new FBI agents whos new assignment is to monitor sites like these..

Feel free to sign up and join in the conversation..

PS..
remember because of forums like these you now have a cushy job..

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you suppose the rabble rousers on here are tracked by snoops from an org such as the ATF or FBI?  Does vociferously defending the Constitution and Bill of Rights get us branded as extremist "Patriots"?  I can imagine all our posts going into a database somewhere.

I tell ya, I gotta stop staying up for 3 days at a time and drinking an entire pot of espresso in one sitting. [whacko]
View Quote

Is it being watched, monitored? Count on it. They are watching others much harder to track. This one is a piece of cake for them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Should we initiate an AR15.com version of 'Omerta' and install a code of silence for all of the members if they are visited by the local JBT's.[;)]
No, really, we could set up a fund to allow a pursued members flight to Texas (or some other foreign country) to avoid further entanglements.

We already have a few Doctors here, as well as at least one vetrinarian, with that talent base we could perform several LEGFL's (Limited Edition Group Face Lift) for the persecuted members. If a member really needs it we can even have some of our computer experts set up an entirely new 'persona' for our troubled fellow members. A fresh start for whomever needs it. With the business owners and managers here we could begin to give our persecuted brothers new jobs just like the witness protection plan. There are mortgage brokers here that could provide low cost home loans to these loved miscreants. We could call this part of the program the Patriot Protection Plan or  P-cubed, or the PPP.
Our one constant could be the life-blood of posting/lurking on ar15.com. We could allow members to make up their own internet personalities. Women could post as men, children as adults, various JBT's as trolls, and men as children, women, goats, horned-frogs, liberals, libertarians, and the odd Imbroglio. If we did this, then the JBT's would have a harder time finding out who McUzi is this week and therefore would not be able to mount a case against anyone!!
I just remembered that we have several lawyers here that could defend our fellow member should the different elements of the PPP prove ineffective. (What does 'pro bono' mean?) Use of this feature would cause the program to be called the Patriot Protection and Perjury Plan or PPPP or the 4 P's.
This takes us to the final part of the plan, what to do if all of the other elements fail and our dear troubled brother member is going to meet his/her maker. We could avail upon the good graces of some of our more vocal religious members to pray for our member's immortal soul and to comfort him/her in the final moments. To keep the 4 P's from running afoul of the ACLU, PETA, NADA or any other group, we will actively recruit representatives from major religions and those with their own religion and those with no religion. We, in short, could appoint various member-LIRTS (leaders in religios topics). The services provided by these LIRTS would add a final P to the plan. It will now be known as Patriot Protection, Perjury, and Preachin' Plan or the 5 P's.

Your feedback is welcome.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I seem to recall an anecdote about Bob Hope where he is visiting the USSR and assumes his hotel room is bugged.  Every night before turning in he announces loudly to the walls "Goodnight, comrades!"  [:)]
View Quote

lol i got to remember that one even if it a urban legend or not
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Let's not forget that during the 2000 presendential campaign, it was a Chevy car/engine enthusiast board that was shut down by the SS.....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let's not forget that during the 2000 presendential campaign, it was a Chevy car/engine enthusiast board that was shut down by the SS.....

Scott

View Quote

?  

What happened in 2000 that I missed?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
blah blah etc...
View Quote

I can decide whether to tell you this was a great idea, or that you need to lay off coffee for a few weeks!

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know what databases we are in but we've had some foreign incursions in the last two months.

At least three different times and always on border line subjects such as infrared laser aiming devices, how to sabotage an AR-15, DIAS etc.
One topic was locked and two removed from the board.

Quick profile is low post count and questionable subject matter.  Seemed to work in pairs - if the topic was flagging another would show up to keep the thread alive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it is more likely that there are more people on here that will be required to register as "foreign agents" for their vociferious and overt support of a certain nation other than the U.S.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
All I can say is:

Scott

View Quote

Enigma was a cryptosystem used by the Germans in WWII.  I believe the word you are searching for is "Carnivore".  

To tell ya the truth, I've worked in the intel community (military) for 19.5 years so far (and retiring this summer), which has included a 3 year tour with a civilian intelligence agency.  From my experience, collection on US citizens is a Grade A-1 no-no, drilled into the heads of the most junior of personnel.  On the civilian side, I saw the same thing.  These guys knew what sort of things that could cost them their jobs - and they followed the rules.

Then again, I could just be a mole, planting disinformation...hehehehehehe......

(Man, how many times do I have to edit this before I figure out WTH I want to say?)
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
By the way, guys, it's not our government getting the ELINT on our people.  It's the Canadians and British, and we spy on THEIR people.  The respective agencies then share the information.  This gets around each country's pesky constitution, which all state that these agencies cannot spy on their own people, and they can honestly say that they do not.
View Quote

Not true, but it sure sounds like it would make a good movie, huh?  Remember, "Enemies of the State" - it exposed those covert NSA hitmen!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Enigma was a cryptosystem used by the Germans in WWII.  I believe the word you are searching for is "Carnivore".
View Quote

Didn't the Fibbies change the name of Carnivore to something like "Fuzzy Bunny" or something? I remember reading that people objected to the whole thing, and thought the name was a little over the top. To make everyone feel better about being snooped on, the Fibbies changed the name to something innocuous.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#25]
To make everyone feel better about being snooped on...
View Quote

IMHO, I have no worries about this - it all seems like a little paranoia has run amuck.  I have a greater fear of being attacked by rabid squirrels.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought we were supposed to sign up here[:E]
[url]www.whitehouse.org/initiatives/patriot/index.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Johnny Reno:  It's not paranoia.  I WANT us to have the capability to monitor comms.  I just don't want the intel used as a blunt instrument to identify "troublemakers and malcontents" rather than genuine enemies and threats to our country.
View Quote

Well, as I stated earlier, I've never seen it happen.  Then again, I've only been in the biz for a couple of decades now.

Here - I'll prove it to you.

The FBI goes potty in their pants.
George Bush smells funny.
Carnivore! Carnivore! Carnivore!

I'll go wait by my front door for the feds.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a greater fear of being attacked by rabid squirrels.
View Quote

There have been many sightings of these lately, so maybe you should be worried:

[img]http://www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/budsquirrel.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top