Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 10:12:53 AM EDT
I finally found my glock that I have been trying to get and I am taking a concealed carry class this weekend. Then guy on the phone asked me if I hand a handgun that I was planning on using. I said yes. Then he said I might want to change that gun when I learn about the rules and laws.

What the hell does this mean?

He doesn't know what type of gun cause I never specified, but does it have to meet some sort of size requirment or something?

I have ordered a G-27.

Also in Utah and other states do yo have to have the gun out of sight when carrying? Is this wht he was going to get at? I grew up in Wyoming and there you can pack it on the outside of your belt for everyone to see. It doesn't matter there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know you can carry what you want. And if you carry without a permit and it is in plain sight you must have you gun two clicks down or have no clip in it. Who did you talk to and where?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Your Glock 27 is a good choice.  I don't know what the guy was getting at either.  It used to be ok to carry open in Utah too, but you never see it anymore.  I suspect it is no longer legal at least in town.  Enjoy your class.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not heard of any changes to the law.  If anything, they are getting less restrictive.  Your G27 will be good for concealed carry.

There is no prohibition on open carry, other than in a few specific locations, but there are some restrictions on where you can have a loaded weapons.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Your potential instructor is full of bunk. If you live in the SLC valley, let me know, and I will refer you to the guy I took my class from. The class was a formality[;)]so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for your responses. I have taken your advice and switched instuctors. I will now be taking the class at Impact Tactical Systems at 10:00 this saturday in ogden. I appreciate your information everyone.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Sometimes, if you qualify with a revolver, you cannot carry a semi. On the other hand , if you qualify with a semi, you can carry either.
Do not ask me why.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top