Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 10:33:10 PM EDT
Damn that is a good show.  Tough on morals though!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
I missed the first episode, though.
Tough call is right.
It's late and I can't think straight enough to carry on about the show, but, it was good.
I find myself rooting for Rogue Justice.

The Shield is my new show.  The one I like to watch every week.  
Used to be La Femme Nikita, for obvious reasons.
[;D]

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been watching it from the beginning.  Excellent show.  Damn that cop is bad!

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I only saw a couple episodes of The Commish. It was ok.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't like the violate everyone's rights just to get the bad guy mentality, so I don't watch the show.

Funny or sad (depending on your perspective) that folks that allegedy love freedom, only love that freedom when its theirs.

We are no longer a country where we are innocent until proven guilty, yet this show glorifies exactly that mindset, and you folks LIKE that?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The Commish gone bad...I love it!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We are no longer a country where we are innocent until proven guilty, yet this show glorifies exactly that mindset, and you folks LIKE that?
View Quote

Yep.

USPC40

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
The commercials are disgusting.  One more reason not to watch TV, and another reason not to trust police officers.

A mockery of justice.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I watched a few here and there until one night when the black cop was making out with another guy, that repulsed me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I watched a few here and there until one night when the black cop was making out with another guy, that repulsed me.
View Quote

I have to admit, I started gaging when they showed that.  I'm just glad it didn't last very long. [puke]

USPC40

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh man I just posted a topic about this show I didn't see this topic, whoops, this show kinda reminds me of the Buddy Boy segment on 60 minutes about all the currupt cops in NY.
Good show but what is up with that gay cop making out thats disgusting he is probably next too get shot!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

hell, all i had to do was HEAR about that , and i'll never watch it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I have to admit it's one of my guilty pleasures -- an interesting and entertaining juxtaposition of someone doing the wrong things for the right reasons (breaking the law to protect taxpayers and get the bad guys) and someone doing the right things for the wrong reason (trying to bust a corrupt cop for purely political gain). It's a classic examination of whether ends justify means -- Machiavelli would have been proud.

I don't see it glorifying the "guilty until proven innocent" mindset. It exposes the issue and that juxtaposition for debate. The world, unfortunately, isn't a black & white place where the good are always stalwart and true and the evil can be easily identified by their black hats and dastardly mustaches.

The main character could hardly be described as heroic nor his corruption sniffing captain as villanous. We're seeing the toll it's taking on the protagonist (Mackey?) and we've seen the captain cross the line by implicitly approving police brutality. So they both recognize that there's a line between good and bad, right and wrong. They disagree on when it's appropriate to cross it. And how far to cross it.

BTW, it's a TV show, not a documentary and hardly is evidence (in either direction) to trust or distrust cops.

As far as the gay cop goes, I'm not sure where they think they're going with that story line. But that's why I only watch it afterwards on my VCR and fast forward through those scenes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I should start recording it too, does anyone know how its doing in the ratings?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Good show for gay men to watch. Hope you all enjoy. The show is CRAP, quit watching after the 3rd episode, it can only get worse.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Just you guys wait that gay cop is going too get it he is on vics bad side now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Love the show, although that gay cop sucking face with some other dude was repulsive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, the show has the shock value I am sure the creators wanted.  Shows the raw side of a not so in the future department.  As far as the corruption, I think it takes a little bit from all the bad apples.  Rampart Division in L.A. probably had the same mindset.  

Two guys kissing isn't the most fun thing to watch, but remember seeing Dennis Franz's naked ass on NYPD Blue?  Now that was repulsive.  

I really like the two investigators, the Black lady and the white nerd.  I can see the mindset.  Sort of like Homicide:Life on the Street on Meth.  I think the creators wanted to stretch the limit.  A thread on this is exactly what they want.

I for one will watch it, for the humor.  Thats all it really is.  Entertainment.

And fast forward the men kissing...
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I watched the 1st show,thought it sucked.I figured I'd give it a 2nd chance,made it half way thru,now I know it sucks!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I really don't agree with the concept. This show can only hurt relations with LEOs as many people believe all the crap they see on TV.
"I'm not talking to the cops about anything, did you see how they shot that guy on TV the other night?"
How do you think the "Assault Weapon" bill got passed? Slick Willy kept crying about how "Assault Weapons" were the most common tool of criminals..... obviously he watched too many movies/TV as did a good deal of the constituents.

There are things that I believe just shouldn't be done
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I have watched the show since it came on. I don't know why the made Vic a COP KILLER though. I don't like they way they took the most religious man and made him a poofter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top