Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 12:46:11 PM EDT
Who else has been here and what did you think of it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone...anyone... Bueller?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that the one at FairChild Wa?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know about this particular school, but most are classified as to what goes on.  I went through Navy SERE, and what goes on there is not to be discussed, even though a lot has gotten out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes the one at Fairchild.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I know a few of the instructors when I was stationed there in the 80's. The instructors do a good job in teaching you how to survive.  

Can't spell
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]
 I think you are speaking of the one north of Usk, Wa?  I have hunted up Tacoma Creek the last 3 years.  It is completely across the state from me but, has a good population of whitetails which are not to be found on the west side of the state.  I am leaving for that area Saturday to do some turkey hunting.
 I believe Scott O'Grady was trained up there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Do they teach you guys how to dine off the wilderness or merely how to subsist?  For instance, they could teach you that dung beetles are edible (are they?), but if they wanted to get fancy they could provide you with a recipe for "Sun dried dung beetle in a clarified mud sauce".  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that while they are teaching you escape and evaision you should actually find your way off base and goto the local gun shops in town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top