Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 12:12:18 PM EDT
...you go into a public rest room, and have to use the stall? If you have an IWB, belt holster or pocket hoster, as soon as you drop the drawers, the gun is on the floor. And, worse yet, try to pull them back up when you've got the added weight compunding to the process. Any solutions? And you can't go unarmed into a public restroom, now can you?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Unclip/unholster it and set it on the TP dispenser if there is one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
When I sit down, I unholster and put the weapon in my trousers.

When I stand up to buckle up, I hang the pistol by the trigger guard from the handy hook installed in most stalls just for that purpose.

Don't leave home without it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I unclip my fanny pack and put it anywhere I have to.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah only patronizes da finer restrooms...what have the AY-tendat?  Ah gives him my rosco, and fo' a dolla' he polish it while ah pee .....
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I unholster it and take this spare time to go ahead and clean my weapon cuz ya know I'll be in there for sometime and never leave home without a small bottle of CLP!! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you considered ---->[img]http://www.mernickleholsters.com/graphics/bm_cash5.jpg[/img][:D]
View Quote

Ok,  I live in Florida too,  how do you manage to not have a heat stroke trying to cover that thing?  

Talon G32
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Put it in the crotch of my pants.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
That trigger gaurd one reminds me of a cop story I heard a few years back.

Uniformed Guy is taking a dump and puts his Colt on the coat hook.  He gets ready to leave the stall and grabs the pistol with his finger and thumb, activating the grip safety, then presses the trigger against the hook.

Boom.

In a smelly variation of "the bump," the recoil causes the pistol to bang the front of the trigger gaurd, then it heads the other way.

Boom.

Actually, BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM, until slide lock.

This was inside the station house, needless to say EVERY cop in the building hit the can with weaps drawn to see what the shootout was all about.    
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I fire off a couple of rounds in the trash can & then I have the restroom to myself.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If you carry a .45 or larger, you could hang it by the muzzle on the flush handle.  ???
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I fire off a couple of rounds in the trash can & then I have the restroom to myself.

View Quote

LMAO.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
If I'm carrying on the belt the gun goes on the TP dispenser. If I'm carrying my P-32 in my pocket, it stays there. Do sometimes wear a shoulder rig but not on a regualr basis.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...you go into a public rest room, and have to use the stall?
View Quote

use a public stall?

OOOHHHH
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Put it in the crotch of my pants.
View Quote

A (distant) relative of mine is a local city cop.  He says that's what most of his fellow officers do if there isn't a hook to hang their utility belt on.  That method of, ummm, storage recently became publicized when an officer forgot his Glock was there when he went to pull his pants back up.  The Glock fell into the bowl as it was flushing, and became stuck in the toilet.  The officer broke the toilet trying to remove it, and the local paper ran the story.  On a more positive note, my relative jokes that his friends no longer ask to borrow any of his handguns any longer [:)].  On a second more positive note, that's a better method than the one employed by one city cop.  He used to leave his pistol laying on the sink when using the bathroom.  He left it in the bathroom or had someone else pick it up and turn it into the cashier four times at one local store before it finally made the paper when the fifth time someone finally decided to keep the pistol rather than simply giving it to the clerk.z
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

ROFL  Now there's a solution!
View Quote

That method didn't work in "True Lies".  That old man was still trying to take a crap when the TMP and AK shorty were going off.  I bet he was scared shitless.

But I bet that old man in "True Lies" was the exception and not the rule.  He probably hadn't taken a crap for a week.  Anyone else would run outta there without their panties!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top