Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 7:12:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
So we are forcing them to close US plants only to move the operations overseas.

Not really a great victory in my book.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#4]
To be honest, I didn't realize Levi's was being boycotted.

Anyone know why? They make a good product.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#7]
That would be a good reason not to buy Levis.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
No offense but I think your breathing in too much CLP or smoking the good stuff. That has very little to do with it. I will not say nothing at all. They are going to get child labor, cheaper materials and don't care about American interest any how. This is a way to make money. They make S hit jeans anyway. If you want some good stuff by Wrangler jeans
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll bet a 1000 rounds of ammo that they are closing those plants 'cause they'll make more money using chinese slave labor than paying americans to do the same work. Sadly I doubt our refusal to buy'em had a thing to do with it (not that I want to think I helped close a plant here).
View Quote

You're not kidding!  They'll move those plants to China where they'll have political prisoners, children, etc. making them.  They'll cut their costs in half, giving them more money to dump on these morons PAX.

What pisses me off the most about Levi's is that they like to push the envelopes of good taste and decency with their ads under the guise of freedom of speech and then take a dump on our rights to own firearms.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Av.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Av.
View Quote

they donate an obscene amount of money and resources to anti-gun political groups.

mike
View Quote

Money that they make from cheap labor - used to attack our freedoms. Can't afford to pay a decent wage to Americans, but money is available for politicking...

I used to buy some dockers every year but i just can't justify it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Levi has been hurting for years.  Not cool enough for kids these days.  I doubt the gun owners boycott has had that great of an impact but who knows.

Quit wearing levis years ago.  Cost to much, wore out just as fast as cheap jeans, and they dont' fit any better.  Once I discovered wranglers at outlet mall prices I never looked back.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
This is another victory for cheap foreign labor.  Gun-related issues had nothing to do with it.

Is it even possible to buy American-made jeans any more?  I doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Av.
View Quote

i haven't purchased levi jeans for years.  when i asked about their anti-gun policy several years ago, i was 'politely' told that it was a decision by the employees and that they had the right to support any cause they chose.  i let them know that i had the right to not support such groups.

the price of a pair of levi's is obscene, and they are not that well made.

At the height of the levi frenzy, they embarked on a marketing strategy to target europe for most of their sales - apparently they are dumb enough there to pay ridiculous prices for levi's there and levi could not keep up with production for the U.S. and europe.  Levi’s started pulling domestic production for the more profitable european sales.

I did consciously boycott the company, but I don’t think the impact had any relevance in their decision to relocate.

The IMPORTANT issue here is that at some point the gov’t is going to have to realize that industry moving out of the country is not a good thing.  Allowing companies to relocate and pay slave labor to manufacture goods that will be sold at prices that are the same or higher in this country must be stopped.  The employees may be liberals embracing a commie nanny state, but now someone (taxpayers) will have to feed and house them.  
We are fast becoming a nation of consumers with no manufacturing capability that produces nothing.  I don’t think that a free nation can survive in that type of environment.  

This is a result of corporate and political greed with no down side.  The political ‘tax it to death’ mentality that reigns in this country must stop and the companies that abandon this country for the Almighty do$$ar should pay a hefty price to get their products marketed here.
Just my .02 worth.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#17]
yeah there closing one of their ops. here in my town knoxville tn. and if you buy their jeans after they shut all their ops. down in the u.s.at wall mart their labels will say made in the u.s. I work for a vending company that serves wal mart . and all their bulk packaging that they receive all there stock in says made in china.   so if they can do this WHY CANT WE BUY A MACHINE GUN AND CALL IT A POST BAN WEAPON. WEAPONS DONT KILL PEOPLE LOST JOBS KILL PEOPLE . WHAT LEVIS IS GOING TO DO IS GOING TO COMITT MORE CRIME THAN ANY GUN COULD EVER DO.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Av.
View Quote

[url]http://www.paxusa.org[/url]

The victim disarmament group calls themselves PAX. They are on the web at www.paxusa.org. Levi Strauss is donating money to PAX for every signature that they get on a petition, reproduced below.

> We are the future of America and we demand a future free from gun
> violence. We will no longer remain silent as a preventable epidemic
> devastates our towns, our homes and our schools.
>
> We call on our nation's leaders to develop a comprehensive plan to
> end the crisis of gun violence in our nation. This plan must
> include:
>
> 1. A national campaign to educate all Americans, both gun owners
> and non-gun owners, about the threat of gun violence and how it can
> be prevented.
>
> 2. Common sense gun violence legislation which is already supported
> by the majority of Americans, including the majority of gun owners,
> such as:
>
>       Child access prevention laws to hold gun owners responsible for
>       what happens with their guns and prevent children and others from
>       having unauthorized access.
>
>       Elimination of assault weapons and other weapons of war.
>
>       Nationwide laws to eliminate illegal gun trafficking and keep
>       guns out of the hands of criminals.
>
>       Licensing and registration of guns, like automobiles.
>
>       We demand solutions, not political debate, and we demand those
>       solutions now.

View Quote

Sort of like, Pants For Peace.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
les we forget the gun is what gave us all the rights we enjoy today,and what gives all the anti gun people their rights too.do they not see if they take guns away their rights which were given to them by others will also go the way of the gun . do they really think that they can ban guns and preserve their freedoms?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok get this, child labor and sweat shops, exploitation of third world countries ,the liberals boycott them for that....they get it from both sides!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top