BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
That movie was fucking awesome.

To anybody who thinks it was a "kid movie" with a name that has an (albeit mild) swear word in the title, I regret to inform you that you're an idiot.

i saw the previews before a movie i took the kids to. Rented it the other night for the family.

My wife.

me.

kids.

Great fucking movie.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was Kick Ass. Really, Hitgirl was funny shit!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I loved the movie, lots of good fighting scenes and gun pron

However, what website can I order a jetpack from, for only 300k, that can exceed the performance of all known current jet packs, which have millions in research thrown into them.

Hell, I want to see that website. . .

You can have the jetpack, I'll opt for the dual mini-mini-guns

Originally, I was questioning how he could afford two of them, but then, taking into account the "bazooka" he had and the multiple select fire G-36's, I have come to the conclusion that hes stealing all of it

In the comic Big Daddy was also a comic book fan who had several valuable comics that he sold to bankroll his revenge.  You all really need to read the comic series as well.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I loved it.  The wife an I were expecting another in the line of douchy wimpy kids like Superbad or whatever the fat kid and skinny kid from that movie wer ein.

When the kids mom just keeled over dead of aneurism...we both looked at each other like wtf?  When he later got STABBED and then hit by a car...we both said "HOLY $HIT"...and that was about the time we figured out this wasn't what it was presented as.

We were surprised and enjoyed it very much...and I'll watch it again today.

Hax
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]

It was a different type of movie, some parts hilarious, some serious. It was great to see something different for a change instead of the usual Hollywood recycled crap.

I had to watch Hit Girl's big fight scene twice because I got to cracking up at the remake of the Banana Splits theme song!
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I loved the movie, lots of good fighting scenes and gun pron
However, what website can I order a jetpack from, for only 300k, that can exceed the performance of all known current jet packs, which have millions in research thrown into them.
Hell, I want to see that website. . .

You can have the jetpack, I'll opt for the dual mini-mini-guns

Originally, I was questioning how he could afford two of them, but then, taking into account the "bazooka" he had and the multiple select fire G-36's, I have come to the conclusion that hes stealing all of it

They were not above relieving deceased drug dealers of their cash, and I think it was implied that they were reselling Frank's coke whenever they captured it in quantity.  They didn't care about the war on drugs, they were in it for the war on Frank.

Still, that man cave wasnt exactly cheap or legal to finance, hurrah for gunshows, must be where he aquired all of it
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag ... just to see if its worth the red box rental .
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw it this weekend.

I thought it was a touch soft.  Needed more violence.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hell, I think its worth buying the BluRay...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great fucking movie.

You seem... familiar.

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It was good.  Hit Girl kicked ass....that actress is gonna need therapy, and I hope she doesn't end up like Lohan....

Oh, and Nick Cage's Adam West impersonation was both spot on and totally hilarious!

I just saw it lastnight. Should have been called "Hit Girl" instead.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Best $1 spent at Redbox in a while. I can't believe how they screwed up the marketing. I would have never rented it if I hadn't read this thread.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I Just watched it tonight with my wife we both enjoyed it and had full belly laughs at many different parts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Should have been called "Hit Girl" instead.

Hopefully, that's what the sequel will be called.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I enjoyed it. Not what I was expecting at all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought it was pretty good.

Weird with the young girl swearing and shooting guns, for sure. Google search says the actress is 13 and was playing a 12yo for the role. Which doesnt mesh with her going to the same high school as 17yo Kick Ass. Looks about 8yo.  Maybe the director was tying to be intentionally vague about the age for the ratings board?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I just watched it tonight.  Will definitely be buying it.  Best super hero movie in a long time.

Quoted:

I thought it was pretty good.

Weird with the young girl swearing and shooting guns, for sure. Google search says the actress is 13 and was playing a 12yo for the role. Which doesnt mesh with her going to the same high school as 17yo Kick Ass. Looks about 8yo.  Maybe the director was tying to be intentionally vague about the age for the ratings board?

13 year old are in 9th grade so it isn't unreasonable.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a goofy movie where a bunch of dopey high school geeks decide to become superheros. This impression was reinforced in spades by the marketing. I'm not sure what I got.

While I really liked the HG & BD characters (who on ARF wouldn't) I felt like they belonged in another film, one that was a bit more serious. The premise of Kick Ass seemed to be a dork who got sick of the shit and became a superhero out of fear and desperation. Mixing in hardcore, serious characters like HG & BD changed to tone and shifted the focus away from him.

I don't think it was bad, per se, but I think they mixed two different really good movies together and instead ended up with one watered down, mediocre one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:56:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Better movie then most of the crap thats out there.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:08:12 AM EDT
[#21]
entertaining, but i was a little annoyed that BD and HG didn't ever bring a rifle...they mostly just stuck to handguns
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:11:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I remember the earlier previews were all about Hit Girl.  I'm assuming they were doing that just to get publicity?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I think its worth buying the BluRay...

I DID buy it on bluray....and you're right, worth every penny!

Hit Girl for President!!!

(in another 30 years....)

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Kick Ass:  "How do I get a hold of you?"

Hit Girl:  "You just contact the mayor, he has a special signal he shines in the sky.  It's in the shape of a giant cock."

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Kick Ass:  "How do I get a hold of you?"

Hit Girl:  "You just contact the mayor, he has a special signal he shines in the sky.  It's in the shape of a giant cock."

Yeah that one was priceless!!!

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
entertaining, but i was a little annoyed that BD and HG didn't ever bring a rifle...they mostly just stuck to handguns

BD used one to cover Hit Girl when she raided the drug dealer's house.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not a big "go to the movies" guy, but I saw it twice, and bought the DVD as soon as it was out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#28]
BD was what the Punisher should of been.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#29]
While I enjoyed the scenes with Hit Girl, the rest of the movie was annoying at best.  I want those two hours of my life back
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I watched it last night and it was not what I was expecting. Like others I was expecting a "SuperBad" type of movie.

Great movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a goofy movie where a bunch of dopey high school geeks decide to become superheros. This impression was reinforced in spades by the marketing. I'm not sure what I got.

While I really liked the HG & BD characters (who on ARF wouldn't) I felt like they belonged in another film, one that was a bit more serious. The premise of Kick Ass seemed to be a dork who got sick of the shit and became a superhero out of fear and desperation. Mixing in hardcore, serious characters like HG & BD changed to tone and shifted the focus away from him.

I don't think it was bad, per se, but I think they mixed two different really good movies together and instead ended up with one watered down, mediocre one.

This was done to answer the question that was the original premise of the movie, "why hasn't some average Joe decided to be a superhero?" It compares and contrasts the ugly reality of crime with the naive world view of the comic book scene. Kick Ass is pulled from his sheltered existence into the real world of crime. He also finds out how gritty real life crime fighting would be. Of course this is all done in a comic book type way to add to the irony(the movie is dripping with irony).

This movie is actually quite brilliant. And fun as hell to watch. I loved it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This line explains it all.
Kick Ass:  "Hit Girl and Big Daddy were the real thing.  I was just some dick in a costume."

Plus when he asks his friends why people don't become super heroes, they answer because you'd get killed the first day.  
Which is what nearly happened to him the first time and was going to happen to him a Rasoul's.

This movie started out like "Angus", made a turn into "Mystery Men" territory and ended up squarely in the campy super hero action/comedy movie arena.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Chloe can act.  See the scene where she is driving the "Mist Mobile".  She's the only one in the car who understands the gravity of the situation/life.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Total knock-off of Tarantino (particularly Kill Bill) with slow motion blood splattering and severed limbs flying.
But, an acting tour de force by the youngster, Chloe Moretz.  She's going to be Meryl Streep when she grows up.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#35]
HIT GIRL IS MY SUPER HERO Every other Super Hero are nothing but a bunch of ( C-U-N-T-S)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok watched it and really enjoyed it .
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#37]
"I'm saving myself for her"
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Saw it last night. Good stuff.

^ what Aimless said.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Total knock-off of Tarantino (particularly Kill Bill)

Tarantino didn't invent those, though he is good at using them.

Weird question: Are you in the band Casket Life?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Chloe Moretz is a force to be reckoned with. Unlike the ton of cheaper-by-the-dozen child actors, she can actually act. I'd say her future is going to be closer to Natalie Portman's than Lindsey Lohan's.

Just look at her Let Me In auditions compared to the two other actresses. She blows them totally out of the water!
http://io9.com/5315525/vote-for-your-baby-vampire-in-the-let-the-right-one-in-remake

Quoted:
best movie of the year !

As I've said in many a Kick-Ass thread, I don't pay for 8 tickets to a film if it isn't worth it! I even bought the Blu-Ray not having a BR player!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That's where I got it.

No matter how bad a movie sucks, $1 movie can't piss you off.

That said, it's worth the buck...

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePAYcMIAjuA

1:00 to 1:04

Now half of ARFCOM is gonna practice reloading like that.

The other half is gonna rub one out to the reloading scene.

I actually used to practice that when i was a kid with airsoft guns(yea i was fucking wierd).  I almost shat when i saw that in the movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's where I got it.

No matter how bad a movie sucks, $1 movie can't piss you off.

Oh yeah? This is what we do to Red Boxes that piss us off

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#44]
It was a great movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Watched it again last night.  Loved it
Watching Bullit now
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought it was pretty good. Read they are making a second one as well with the same people from the first one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#47]
That girl did a hell of a job in the movie.She was great.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top