Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Obama apologizes to the Taliban for having to endure the Texas heat and has Holder sue Killeen for provoking the muslims.  

This. you know it was Bush's fault.

can't we all just get along?

Investigate  the country of origin.

Then make it go away.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The bombs on Japan were dropped to stop a war that if it continued would have been beyond anything ever seen prior.

Uh, didn't using nukes make it a war that was beyond anything ever seen prior (or since)???
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone know the difference between the Taliban and AQ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

One is a transnational terrorist organization whose goals center eliminating western involvement in ME affairs/gov through the use of violent actions aimed at intimidating the civilian populace of democratic nations into capitulation,  and to a lesser extent around establishing some form of pan-islamic state or union. The other, the Taliban, is or rather has become much more of a Pashtun natioanlist insurgencency using religion as a comon denominator to unify a diverse group of peoples against the ISAF. Its goals and operations are usually much more national/regional in nature. I guess that would be the short version.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Obama would make sure we don't jump to conclusions.....

Not a terrorist attack, simply a misunderstanding.
Islam is a religion of peace, we must be more tolerant.
Killen Tx. was full of rednecks and tea party members who incited the incident by their lack of diversity and
    understanding of others. He would apologize for that.
Head of Nasa will be put in charge of the spin how Muslims have contributed to the world many good things and
    they shouldn't be judged by this little misunderstanding.
We shouldn't reataliate against all the "GOOD" Muslims because of a few bad apples.
It was really the tea party disguised as Turban headed warriors of Jihad!
The tea party did it.
George Bush was behind it, he and Dick Cheney put the plans together while Dick was in the hospital recovering
    from Heart surgery.
You knew it would be Bush's fault!

He would not look for an ass to kick like he did with BP cause it's his brothers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Obama will form a committee to see what happened, immediately say 'terrorism is not suspected' see why it happened and how not to offend the alledged but innocent non militant islamists and promptly blame us for the attack or 'domestic terrorists'
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Vigalantes start working overtime.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Vigalantes start working overtime.

haven't yet
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Nuke the entire pakistan/afghan border, raze it to the ground.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The Taliban won't be setting of any nuclear bombs/dirty bombs anywhere... Al Quida on the other hand...

John
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nuke the entire pakistan/afghan border, raze it to the ground.

America's interests would be better served (especially long-term) by razing it to the ground with conventional weapons.  Remember, many are watching America blaze a trail that is truly a first in history.  Keep the nukes in reserve for when it matters.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#12]
My kids would put the angry eyes on Mr. Potato Head...
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The White House would issue a statement that it was not a terrorist attack
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thought exercise, begin.

We are at war with the Taww-leee-bawhn (obama speaking). They decide to set off a nuclear bomb in a U.S. city (Let's say Kileen, Texas, just for the experiment).

Go.

(EdiT:

For those who question me or my allegiance.
I completely agree with  America's use of nuclear bombs in WWII, and in general I believe in "Total War" as a valid strategy.  I simply like to look at things from all angles, and invite you all to do the same.)

If a nuke went off in Killeen...I'd probably do my damndest to get my inlaws who are about 90 minutes south of there down to my house on the coast, and hope and pray that the prevailing winds stay out of the south for the next 90 days.

Then I'd wait and see whose ass we're going to kick, and see if the Marine Corps will take a fat, out of shape, has been of a 38 year old, one kidney recruit to go whip someone's ass.

Hax

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kileen Texas?

Yeah - I'm confused about that too. If the Taliban or Al Qaeda got their filthy hands on a nuke, they'd go for either Washington D.C. or New York.  Failing that, I'm guessing L.A.

Easy for you to say.

Killeen, TX, being home of Ft. Hood, (I think, our largest Army Post and home to two divisions)  would represent a much greater loss to the nation than all those fuckers in D.C.  

Living within 25 miles of Ft. Hood, I would experience a flash and a nono-second later, my old 4-legged buddies would be romping from over the rainbow bridge to meet me.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, moral relativitism, huh?

I guess...

Mainly, when I hear people question OUR use of the atomic bomb, my first reaction (like many of you) is to say, "Of course we used them.  We HAD to!  This is AMERICA!  We HAD to do whatever we could to win."

That got me thinking... Well, shit... Every group of people or ever nation, must feel the same way.   If it happened here, though, I'm sure we'd all be calling them cowards or civilian murderers. Which would be totally hypocritical.

I think, in this case, it is acceptable to BE hypocritical.   We gotta win.  Period.  But we're not the only ones that think that way.

Apparently you are not a fan of the idea of American Exceptionalism.  Personally, I find the morally relative position you are advocating repugnant.  Frankly, I think the world in general recognizes that the US is different, even if they won't admit it.  The only people saying otherwise are those who's positions of power depend on making the US out to be the bad guy.

Seems a bit simplistic, to say it's okay because it's us.  

Like Team America, fuck yeah!

But... It is precisely that pride, or thinking that made us great.  So, it IS hard to argue with.  

I guess I am just trying to search for some deeper meaning to it.  Maybe it's just as simple as, "We will win, period.".

I am okay with that, in the end I guess. Still, I think it is worthwhile to ponder. What is the harm?

I don't think it's simplistic, rah rah Americanism at all.  When have US troops ever been given the green light to rape and pillage?  We have the moral high ground because we've earned it.  Every time our troops do something ugly, we agonize over it as a nation and try to make sure it doesn't happen again.  It's different because we ARE different.  
Pick any random country in the world and there's a good chance it's a third world shit hole run by the dictator of the week.  Everything else is sham democracy.  Russia?  Sham democracy. China?  Forget about it.  Africa?  You kidding me?  South/Central America? Either commie or fascist - not much in between.  Do I really need to go on?  

The point is, the US has a track record etched into history of actually being the good guys.   This discussion can be summed up with that pic of US troops shielding afghan civvies - the caption is something like "You can tell the good guys from the bad because the bad guys use civilians as a human shields while the good guys use their bodies to shield civilians.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Kileen TX
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Obama administration would surely blame it on the Tea Party Terrorists!
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nothing would happen. Texas is libertarian central so they would demand peace at all costs, with the legalization of marijauna and gay marriage.

Houston, Austin, DFW, and San Antonio ain't the rest of Texas.

Hax

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kileen Texas?

Would anybody even notice?

ETA: Oh, Fort Hood.  Why didn't you say so?

If we had a president, Iran and North Korea would be dust.  If we had a president.

I agree, Iran would bear the brunt of our retaliation and if it could be proven that N. Korea was involved (they may already be helping/working with them) they would suffer the consequences too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Is an enemy's use of an atomic weapon on a small city on US soil understandable or deplorable?

The Hiroshima thread got me thinking.

The fact that you even ask that question makes me wonder about YOU.

Calm down angry face.

It's just a thought exercise. We are glad that we won the war, we argue that we "had to" do it to save more lives, etc. I agree with these sentiments.

Doesn't hurt to ponder the opposite, and explore your mind a bit.

Doesn't matter if it's justifiable or not. Victors write the history books. If Japan had written the history books, Hiroshima would be cast in a completely different light.

Ask a Brit what they are taught in school about the American Revolution.....
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obama pledges $20 million to build a Mosque on ground zero.

I'm ok with a mosque at a nuc ground zero.

Lol.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, moral relativitism, huh?

I guess...

Mainly, when I hear people question OUR use of the atomic bomb, my first reaction (like many of you) is to say, "Of course we used them.  We HAD to!  This is AMERICA!  We HAD to do whatever we could to win."

That got me thinking... Well, shit... Every group of people or ever nation, must feel the same way.   If it happened here, though, I'm sure we'd all be calling them cowards or civilian murderers. Which would be totally hypocritical.

I think, in this case, it is acceptable to BE hypocritical.   We gotta win.  Period.  But we're not the only ones that think that way.

I award you 87 Captain Obvious Awards.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Obama blames Bush and responds to the action with a $200 billion jobs bill for unemployed at risk Afghans. Soon after he'll tale a trip to the Mideast and blame the US for making them hate us.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Obama raises his private army and clamps down on our Constitutional rights even more than Dubya did.  Another Taliban victory ensues.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ft. Hood is a military installation, a legitimate target IMO.

I would be pissed of course, but not as pissed as if they had nuked Houston or something.

If they nuked Houston traffic would improve.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We don't have to bomb the shit out of everything and just kill everyone.

Yes we do if we are nuked, that would be the lesson we would want to send. Go after and destroy everything the guilty or host nation holds dear and their darn friends too. Destroy their culture and poison their land and kill off as many as possible. I would even advocate the use of nerve and biological agents. If their culture survives (I hope not) at least it will be clear who they do not want to mess with.

For Muslims to nuke a US city at least it would be the end of all the native Muslim coddling here in the US. The price exacted from them would not be pretty I'm sure. I'll bet the darn border would finially be closed and militarized too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
beer summit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kileen Texas?

Yeah - I'm confused about that too. If the Taliban or Al Qaeda got their filthy hands on a nuke, they'd go for either Washington D.C. or New York.  Failing that, I'm guessing L.A.

I'm hoping San Francisco, myself...  

I mean, if they HAVE to...  

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kileen Texas?

The fact that you choose to think about such a thing...
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bombs on Japan were dropped to stop a war that if it continued would have been beyond anything ever seen prior.

Uh, didn't using nukes make it a war that was beyond anything ever seen prior (or since)???

Well, yes, but it was a measure in anticipation of the projected 1 million + U.S. casualties if we had to invade the Japanese mainland.

eta Rather make the enemy bleed.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kileen Texas?

Hows about Philly instead?

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ft. Hood is a military installation, a legitimate target IMO.

I would be pissed of course, but not as pissed as if they had nuked Houston or something.

If they nuked Houston traffic would improve.

hell, if they nuke Houston, TEXAS will improve...may the west side..just enough the flash takes out downtown Austin...

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Can you make it a more liberal city like San Fran or NYC?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Hope the wind isn't blowing north that day.

I hope the wind isn't blowing south that day

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Can we discern whether a nuke is Russian, Korean, Iranian or Pelosian?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Good god, I can't wait for school to get back in session.

12 years old, tops. If this happens, and if it does it will most likely be in a major city, DC would be their number one target, the price paid would be too horrible for Islamic people to contemplate. We have nukes for one reason, to retaliate. They are the deterrent to any madmen thinking about striking us. It doen't matter if we have a  muslim sympathizer in the White House. The people and the military would demand it.

How hard is it to understand us vs them? Has the OP lost all sense of patriotism because he didn't say the pledge of alligiance in school? Mental masterbation about how we are no better then criminal clerics and gangs that keep women in bags, cut off their sexual parts, stone them if they are raped, kill their daughters for going to the mall, admit to hating freedom, whew. Get outside and play some baseball.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#39]
"I don't have all the facts, but, the people of Kileen acted...stupidly..."

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#40]
First place I'd look for evidence is Pakistan.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Obama apologizes to the Taliban for having to endure the Texas heat and has Holder sue Killeen for provoking the muslims.  

WIN !!
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we do if we are nuked, that would be the lesson we would want to send. Go after and destroy everything the guilty or host nation holds dear and their darn friends too. Destroy their culture and poison their land and kill off as many as possible. I would even advocate the use of nerve and biological agents. If their culture survives (I hope not) at least it will be clear who they do not want to mess with.

For Muslims to nuke a US city at least it would be the end of all the native Muslim coddling here in the US. The price exacted from them would not be pretty I'm sure. I'll bet the darn border would finially be closed and militarized too.

Not so sure of the coddleing thing. Some of ARFCOM suckles at the teat of Muslims everyday. I do think it would be the last straw for most of the USA though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kileen Texas?

The OP is trying to make the case that the Taliban are as justified in nuking Kileen, Texas as the US was justified in nuking Hiroshima.

In which, he is full of crap.

??? There seems to be a disconnect between the OP and your response. AM I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kileen Texas?

Partial list of cities that I am glad I do not live IN or NEAR:

NYC
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Washington D.C.
Chicago
Miami
Boston
Philadelphia
Las Vegas

If the tangos decide to open a can of artificial sunshine, I am guessing those would be the top candidates on the hit list.

I do not believe they would target Detroit because it has a huge muslim population in the suburbs, and also they couldn't really fuck it up any more than it already is .

However, it is entirely possible they COULD target a smaller, lower profile city as in the OP's example, for the simple reason that security tends to be tighter in the high profile potential targets.

I do not believe they would go after military installations because they are all about body count and terrorizing civilians, and not so much purely military operations.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#45]
There is a program on right now on History International that shows how many people, ON BOTH SIDES, would have been killed in an invasion of Japan versus using the bomb.

The fight on Iwo and Okinawa made US leaders realize how far the Japanese people would go.

This shows the ignorance of comparing using the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs and a terrorist group setting one of in the US, military base or not.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And nuke who exactly?  A whole bunch of people who had nothing to do with it?

Like I said, with the weapons we have now, we can precisely target the ones we are after, at least much more than we could in WWII.

Are you saying "kill them all"?

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

This shows the ignorance of comparing using the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs and a terrorist group setting one of in the US, military base or not.

HOLY Fucking reading.

Over three times, I said, "OR ANY FUTURE ENEMY IN ANY FUTURE WAR."

Get out of your neat little corner and think of the future.  The only reason I used Taliban as the initial scenario, is because we actually are in a war with them.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In terms of numbers, no, using the nukes did not make it beyond anything every seen prior, or since.  Those numbers were surpassed long before Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Not using the nukes would have possibly doubled the numbers for the entire war.

I am talking about people on both sides.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY Fucking reading.

Get out of your neat little corner and think of the future.

Any nuke attack on us WOULD be in the future.  YOU are the one who brought up the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs in your OP.

I can fucking read just fine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY Fucking reading.

Get out of your neat little corner and think of the future.

Any nuke attack on us WOULD be in the future. YOU are the one who brought up the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs in your OP.

I can fucking read just fine.

LOL.

Okay. RESET for those that lack creativity.

Imagine 50 years from now. There is a full on world war with a group of countries being our allies and a group of countries being our enemies.

One of those enemy countries is losing badly. They decide to nuke us... in Kileen, Texas.... or ANYTOWN, USA. In doing so, they kill thousands of unarmed civilians, instantly. Many more die after varying lengths of suffering.

And... Go.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top