Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/8/2002 5:04:21 PM EDT
I read this book years ago borrowed from a friend at the time. I found a used copy and have reread it again. I was wondering if anyone else has read this book and what they thought?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:16:58 PM EDT
It starts off nicely enough for a SHTF novel, but then degenerates into a nightmare. The final straw is found on the final page of the story. The time is 1999, and the narrator says it's 110 years after the birth of the Great One. The Great One? Who is that? Let's see, who was born in 1889? Could the narrator be referring to Adolf Hitler, who was born in 1889? April 20, 1889, to be precise. Hitler is 'The Great One'? What a joke! Eric The(LOL)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:22:52 PM EDT
I had read that this book was found in Timothy McVeigh's car when he was arrested. So, inquiring minds want to know - right? I found an excerpt of it on the 'net and managed to read about two paragraphs before it started mentioning "mud" races (not the kind in cars either). Pure drivel. Crap. Waste of wood pulp.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:24:54 PM EDT
Is that the book about the day to day life of a Piano Tuner? I think I read that a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:26:56 PM EDT
What a trip. i was thinking of starting this thread myself. I read it to find out what McVeigh thought was so Great. Like the previous post said... it started out good. But from half way on it was just the fantasy of someone who really hates blacks and Jews. I was a little disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:34:10 PM EDT
The classic handbook for the self hating ignorant racist bastard and it is exactly the type of thing that anti gun people like to use against us even though the vast majority of us are far to intelligent to ever take this fourth grade level of trash writing seriously!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:35:22 PM EDT
additional note: i bought it with cash because if the Gubment knows you are reading it your house and family will be BURNT TO THE FRIGGIN' GROUND! i seriously had concerns about anyone knowing that i had the book.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:45:49 PM EDT
I read it after the McVeigh thing just to see what it was all about. It was mildly entertaining. Anybody thinking about taking on the government should read it. The point was well made that in order to win a war like that you must be prepared to destroy the country you live in. If the government came to take away our guns how many of us would be willing to destroy everything to get our rights back? By the way, since I'm a dumb redneck I downloaded the book from the internet. I must be several government list.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:47:53 PM EDT
Ihave read it abd agree it starts out pretty good. By the end, however, it becomes way too racist for my taste. Kinda ruins the message I think.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:25:06 PM EDT
The Turner Diaries? Or did you intentionally mis-spell your title to confuse the goverment snoop programs? Interesting, but also the most racist piece of literature I have ever read. I almost couldn't finish it because of all the racism.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:25:17 PM EDT
I can see how someone with a weak mind could be suckered in on this book. There are just enough truths to make you think and if your already leaning that way it could put someone over the edge. It does go way to far with the racists thing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:28:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SS109: The Turner Diaries? Or did you intentionally mis-spell your title to confuse the goverment snoop programs? Interesting, but also the most racist piece of literature I have ever read. I almost couldn't finish it because of all the racism.
View Quote
That would make me real smart or a really bad typist! But I will admit fumble fingers [;)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:34:32 PM EDT
Unintended Consequences or The Turner Diaries? Read one and you've read both! DaMan
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:36:28 PM EDT
i read it out of pure curiousity. it was ok at first. even some of the early racial comments i was able to handle. the whole race war thing is just stupid. i found it to be very uninspiring. even if i was some neo nazi rasict, i just coulnt see what the big deal about it. its somewhat poorly written. anyone who can look at that book as a bible (for racial reasons or other) is a fuggin moron.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:36:50 PM EDT
To those of you who have not read it: [soapbox] As with any other controversial psudo-gun related type book, that the anti-gunners have twisted and distorted to paint us all as racist pigs, you need to read it. You should read it carefully, and maybe even twice, so you will know for yourself what it says and what it does not say, what is in it and what is not in it. That way, the next time some liberal or anti-gunner tries to make it seem like we all support the anti-social type attitudes in the book you can set them straight. [:X][:X][:X]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2002 6:41:26 PM EDT by Maddog50]
Originally Posted By Supershooter: It does go way to far with the racists thing.
View Quote
I held my nose as I finished reading it, then I threw it away. I didn't even want to donate it where someone else might read it. Now _Unintended_Consequences_ was entirely different. I have loaned it out and recommended it to many people. Required reading, as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:39:39 PM EDT
Though the novel is full of racism, it is still a good book. Not quite the caliber of Unintended Consequences but still worth the read. Keving67
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:40:46 PM EDT
DaMan, [i][b]Unintended Consequences[/b][/i] is nothing like [i][b]The Turner Diaries[/b][/i], IMHO! The Henry Bowman character was a thoroughly likeable fellow whereas that Turner guy got worse as the story progressed. In UC, there were black patriots and Jewish patriots, whereas in The TD there were none. UC included a lot of interesting background material, the TD was just scary. Eric The(Unintended)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:44:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: DaMan, [i][b]Unintended Consequences[/b][/i] is nothing like [i][b]The Turner Diaries[/b][/i], IMHO! Eric The(Unintended)Hun
View Quote
"Unintended Consequences" was just a PC version of "Turner Diaries"! Read one and you can save yourself the time of reading the other! DaMan
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:57:56 PM EDT
Daman you've obviously not read Unintended Consequences if you think that it is in any way shape or form politically correct! Please draw some parallels between the two books if you really think they are the same.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:03:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jtw2: Daman you've obviously not read Unintended Consequences
View Quote
Well, no shit...I mean, it's not a picture book right? Then of course he hasn't read it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:29:42 PM EDT
Johnny_Reno: So, inquiring minds want to know - right? I found an excerpt of it on the 'net and managed to read about two paragraphs before....
View Quote
Same here. It used to be at [url]http://www.front14.org/teuton/turner.htm[/url], but it's gone (Anybody remember what the first amendment was about?).
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:15:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DaMan: "Unintended Consequences" was just a PC version of "Turner Diaries"! Read one and you can save yourself the time of reading the other! DaMan
View Quote
i knew that would stir up a pissin contest
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:04:09 AM EDT
I have not read Unintended Consequences. But after the Turner Diaries I may not need to!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:37:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Supershooter: I have not read Unintended Consequences. But after the Turner Diaries I may not need to!
View Quote
Not correct. Despite what was said above by others, there is no similarity between the two. As a gun owner, you need to see just how far your rights have degraded. Unintended Consequences lays that out. Turner Diaries is little more than a racist diatribe. And yes, I have read both...
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:21:24 AM EDT
One should have read both of the aforementioned books, although Unintended Consequences is the better one. The only time UC drops to the low level of TD is in the end, when John Ross sort of notices, woops, gotta finish the book, and the Gov. suddenly caves in just like that. William Pierce is too much of a pompous ass and way too impressed with himself to be able to write a good book. TD is less funny than Mein Kampf, almost as boring as German tax law, and the complex, deep characters are on par with the ones found in Pokemon cartoon series. Being rather fond of women myself, Pierce's mysogynism (sp?) manages to grate on my nerves like fingernails on a blackboard. If you have to read a book, I'll send it to you, rather than have you spending money for a hardcopy, thus contributing to the William Pierce Retirement Fonds^H^H^H^H^H National Alliance.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:28:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jtw2: Daman you've obviously not read Unintended Consequences if you think that it is in any way shape or form politically correct! Please draw some parallels between the two books if you really think they are the same.
View Quote
jtw2, using the term "politically correct" to describe Unintended Consequences is probably incorrect. "Politically Acceptable" is probably more accurate. I don't think there will be attempts to get it banned, unlike Turner Diaries. I've read both and the basic plots were almost exactly alike. IMHO. DaMan
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:35:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Supershooter: I have not read Unintended Consequences. But after the Turner Diaries I may not need to!
View Quote
Supershooter, don't take my word for it. Read Unintended Consequences for yourself and see what YOU think. It's a fairly interesting read, but don't expect too much. DaMan
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:47:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DaMan:
View Quote
Supershooter, don't take my word for it. Read Unintended Consequences for yourself and see what YOU think. It's a fairly interesting read, but don't expect too much. DaMan
View Quote
Ok maybe I will if I run across a copy. But I'm still not sure if I will go out of my way looking for one. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:03:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DaMan:
Originally Posted By jtw2: Daman you've obviously not read Unintended Consequences if you think that it is in any way shape or form politically correct! Please draw some parallels between the two books if you really think they are the same.
View Quote
jtw2, using the term "politically correct" to describe Unintended Consequences is probably incorrect. "Politically Acceptable" is probably more accurate. I don't think there will be attempts to get it banned, unlike Turner Diaries. I've read both and the basic plots were almost exactly alike. IMHO. DaMan
View Quote
I would think the only place The Turner Diaries would have been PC is in the late 30's early 40's Germany
Top Top