Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/8/2002 7:59:49 AM EDT
Last week I made plans with two of my former CCW students to go to the range on Saturday. We had plenty of handguns with us of all calibers. I spent most of the time tweaking their stances, grips, etc. All in all a good time. Right before leaving, I said I had brought along a surprise, and pulled the AR15 out of the truck. Thye both looked at it a little hesitantly, as they are still fairly new to guns in general. I gave them a quick operations and safety demo, and handed it off for a try out. The basic response was, "This is great!", and "I've got to get one of these!". Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:12:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:53:35 AM EDT
[i]"I've got to get one of these!".[/i] Like a pebble in a pond causing ripples to spread, who knows how many more converts will eventually be won over because of your simple little act that day. Well done [b]Malpaso[/b]. [beer]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:33:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2002 9:34:04 AM EDT by Green_Canoe]
That's the same type of act that made me a disciple of the black rifle. I worked with a Vietnam vet at a previous job. He knew I was into guns, but primarily hunting handguns and shotguns. So when the discussion turned to guns one day at work and I mentioned I'd never fired an "evil" black rifle, he said we have to fix that. The next day he showed up at work with his Colt CAR-15 (16" barrel, no forward assist or brass deflector, A1 sights, tele stock, and 20 rd mags). He let me borrow it for the weekend to play with. I was hooked. Less than a year later I'd saved my overtime checks an bought one for myself. Job well done! The more people that realize an assault rifle is actually a fun gun the better off we'll all be. (Of course, I'm preaching to the choir)
Top Top