Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 5:52:25 AM EDT
Well,

It's monday morning and I'm thinking it's going to be another long week with the normal dull happenings along the way.

So I'm driving down the Dulles Toll Road (Northern Virginia folks know what this mess is) and I get in the right lane to take my turn off towards work.  For about the next mile, I am forced to stare at the back of a slowly moving Toyota Camry that has half a dozen bumper stickers on it.  Every one intended to piss off the rest of the human race.  All are environmentalist and anti-establishment based.  The standard "friends don't let friends vote Republican" sticker and a new one about the Arctic Wildlife Refuge belonging to her kids.  Just the way I like to start my day, looking at rolling leftist billboards.

Then things get better.  We get up to the toll area and the occupant rolls down her window and proceeds to limp wrist the quarter at the toll bucket.  It bounces of the front lip, falls to the ground and rolls two feet under her car.

I'm thinking, heh, this should be fun.  She gets out, obviously not afraid of an entire box of twinkies.  She does her best interpretation of a squat and grabs the quarter.  Now, my window is down as I'm tired.  The cool air was helping me wake up a bit.  So she hears me when I laugh.  Not a big gutteral laugh, just a laugh.

She casts me the evil face to let me know that my sense of humor is not appreicate, tosses her quarter in the bucket and get back in her car.  Ok, that was fun.  As she drives away, I notice something.

So we get to the next traffic light, which at this time of day takes several minutes.  With a little luck, I end up right next to her at the light.  She casts me another face of death.  I motion for her to roll her window down.  She does and says "WHAT!"  I laugh a little and tell her to check her door.  I saw her open the door.  She did not look back after that.  She'll be having that dress cleaned, I guess.  At least the bottom 12 inches.  Made my monday a little more fun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Every dark cloud has a silver lining. [:D]  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top