Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2002 9:41:14 PM EDT
U.S. warns all Americans in Saudi Arabia to stay indoors Special to World Tribune.com Monday, April 8, 2002 ABU DHABI — The United States has warned the 30,000 Americans living in Saudi Arabia to remain indoors as they are coming under increasing threat from Islamic demonstrators. The Saudi protests have also led to U.S. military orders for American military personnel to remain indoors. The orders were first distributed in February during the Haj pilgrimage, Middle East Newsline reported. The State Department warning specified Americans in the area of Jedda. A U.S. Consulate statement urged all nationals in Saudi Arabia to exercise "great care" if they leave their homes. Full text at: : [url]http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_7.html [/url] Saudi Arabia does not sound like a friend of America.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:27:01 PM EDT
Will this even merit mentioning on the evening newscasts? Compare to the reporting over the negative reaction to some middle-eastern looking people here after 9-11.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:46:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Goad: Saudi Arabia does not sound like a friend of America.
View Quote
I returned two weeks ago from a four month deployment. They are without a doubt NOT OUR FRIENDS.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:09:21 AM EDT
You guys need to talk this over with [b]DaMan[/b] - he insists that we have nothing to worry about when it comes to Saudi Arabia. Their citizens [b]don't[/b] fly planes crowded with people into buildings. Their government [b]doesn't[/b] encourage acts of suicide bombing on the West Bank by giving money to the families of the 'martyrs.' The [i][b]Mutaween[/b][/i], or Religious Police [b]aren't[/b] responsible for the deaths of [b]15[/b] schoolgirls by preventing them from leaving a burning school building and forcing others who had left to go back in, simply because they value [b]dress codes[/b] more than the lives of their children! So y'all need to get the 'skinny' on Saudi Arabia from someone who really knows what's going on there! And who has demonstrated his keen knowledge on the subject! Not just [u]eyewitnesses[/u] such as [b]RipMeyer![/b] Eric The(Tongue-In-Cheek)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:12:36 AM EDT
Top Top