Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2002 9:24:02 PM EDT
Nice 395T6 multipro variable speed.

Only question now is, what attachments are appropriate for working with metals like Al, steel, etc. I have some aluminum oxide grind stones, but would silicone carbide work better? What about sander grades & brushes?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You JUST got one?  Well, congrats. [:D]

It really depends on what you want to do with those metals.  Over the years I have slowly built up my Dremel accessories to include:

carbide cutters
fiberglass reinforced cut off wheels
flap wheels, drums, and discs for sanding
both silicon carbide and aluminum oxide grinding wheels
buffing wheels
and more

If you can pick these things up at swap-meets or similar places, do so.  I live in southern CA, and sometimes go to the Pomona car show/swap meet (supposedly the west coast's biggest and baddest[:O]) and always find these things at WAY below what they cost in stores.  The above list has served me well for anything that can be done with a Dremel tool.  Check out this web site:

[url]http://www.dxmarket.com/micromark/dir/1.html[/url]

This site will give you an idea of what is out there.  I wouldn't buy anything from there unless I had to since, like I said, these accessories cost WAY too much... HTH
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]

***wonders if Master_Blaster knows that the ATF just put him on the "Lightning-Link-Watch-List"***

Just kidding...no really...I'm only kidding...you can put the Dremel down now...AAAAAAH!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations, you are now officially a qualified Special Weapons Armorer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey where in WA do you live ? If your near Oly I know of a couple of surplus places you can get attachments below  wholesale .
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 ***wonders if Master_Blaster knows that the ATF just put him on the "Lightning-Link-Watch-List"***

Just kidding...no really...I'm only kidding...you can put the Dremel down now...AAAAAAH!
View Quote

NNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR [chainsawkill]

Quoted:
Congratulations, you are now officially a qualified Special Weapons Armorer.
View Quote

Their quality rating is bound to go up now, LOL [:D]

Quoted:
Hey where in WA do you live ? If you're near Oly, I know of a couple of surplus places you can get attachments below wholesale.
View Quote

Check your mail. Hope to learn more.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrads, whether you are grinding cartilage off joints in well mannered animals, sawing through a sternum, smoothing sharp edges on teeth or grinding the hell out of a gun, those are the handiest little things.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top