Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2002 5:50:26 PM EDT
I still have the open sites that came with my colt ar. I was wondering if there is more accurate open sites available?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:29:59 PM EDT
If you really have a problem with your iron sights, they are easily replaced - are you sure that is the "accuracy" problem? Tyler
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2002 6:43:24 PM EDT by Benjamin0001]
Or are you looking for a different sighting mechanism all together?? How about taking the front sight post and filing a notch like this \/ in it ; or cut it at a 45 like this /\. Might Help?? Something to give you a point versus the block at the end. So that your sight picture ends up looking like this. ( . ) or (/\) or (\/) instead of (||) . Just an idea. The Inverted V may give you the most precision and obliterate less of your target. Trying to do that to something that small may require a precision filer and a fly tieing magnifying glass. Ben
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:21:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By anpvs-4: I still have the open sites that came with my colt ar. I was wondering if there is more accurate open sites available?
View Quote
At first I thought you were talking about ar15.com, versus some other, friendlier more open "site". But anyway, I only have a couple open "sites" on my rifle, one where the magazine goes, one where shells come out and one where da bullets come out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:40:16 AM EDT
The AR15 has excellent sights for a military-style rifle. Where do you find them lacking?
Top Top