Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 4:22:56 PM EDT
I just moved into the Tidewater area and I need a good place to shoot. Any suggestions? (Preferably on the South Side, and please not that place in Pungo, it's too far to drive from Norfolk, thanks.)
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy Dport.
There is a private range in Williamsburg, can't remember the name. I've shot there a few times, really nice rifle lanes,  covered etc.
Check the NRA website for range info.
If your looking for someone to shoot with send me an email. I live in NN, about 5 mins from an indoor pistol caliber only range (off warwick blvd) so I shoot handguns more than rifles.
I used to work at bobs on Granby so I can recommend it, plus the ammo is the right price.
However, its pistol caliber only.
Rifle ranges are limited on the south side, especially public rifle ranges. it sucks.

Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Williamsburg is even farther than Pungo.  Your only choice in Norfolk is Bob's gunshop and indoor range downtown in the bowels of Norfolk.  It's a decent range, but pretty limited in scope if you're going to try a rifle.  I think they only alow things smaller than .30 carbine in power.

Lynnhaven indoor range has a better facitlity than Bob's and is 25Meter, so you can at least zero your AR.  They allow almost any rifle in there as well.  It's right off of I-264, across the street from Lynnhaven Shopping Mall.  Pretty easy to get to from Norfolk.  Other than that, you're pretty much going to have to go to the boonies to shoot 200yds.  The first time I drove out to the outdoor range in Pungo it seemed like a lifetime.  The second time seemed far shorter.  Once I knew where it was, it seemed to not be so long in arriving.  The problem with living in the middle of a large city (like Norfolk) which is surrounded by other large cities (like Portsmouth, Chesapeke, Virginia Beach) is that there isn't any open land that is available for a rifle range.  To shoot at longer ranges, your going to have to do some travelling.  

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top