Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/6/2002 4:00:13 PM EDT
I have an old DeLonghi that I took into work (pump driven), and am looking to replace it at home. I have seen some reviews on various websites, but don't know how the reviews compare to real life for a "non gourmet" coffee drinker like me. I have been making acceptable coffee at home based on the suggestions I have gotten here, and will make better coffee once I get a burr coffee grinder. I am now looking to duplicate a few of the drinks I've had at Starbucks and Seattle's Best (without paying $4.00+ per cup). I am trying to keep the cost under $200 for the machine if possible. Thanks for any info. AFARR
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:12:08 PM EDT
Hey, I can help on this one! Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I used to be the housewares manager for a Macy's. Basically, for the money you're talking about, any of the high-end Krups will be fine for you. There really isn't too much of a difference in all of them until you step into the 'elite' class of machines that cost WAY more. The Krups are easy to use, mostly reliable, have a good name behind them, can be found at any high-end department store and, most of all, they really do a good job! You also might not have to spend $200 unless you are looking at an espresso/coffee combo thing. $100-$150 will get you a respectable espresso machine. You just have to brush up on your milk frothing technique!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:22:26 PM EDT
I hate to admit it but I *have* that Krups machine. He is 100% correct, it is an excellent machine. I bought mine years ago before it became "trendy" (I hate that [:(]). It is well worth the money.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:24:41 PM EDT
Top Top