Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2002 10:59:59 PM EDT
Does company out there give one for there FAL's or AR-15's? I just enlisted in the U.S.M.C. and I was told by someone to hole off until I was out of boot camp to buy a rifle because some company will give me a discount because I'm in the military. Just like to know if this is true or not??
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 12:33:46 AM EDT
Never heard of that, myself. Congrats on your enlistment! Tate
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 1:38:18 AM EDT
I've not heard of a rifle company that does it. If you're interested in an awesome blade though... Strider knives gives a discount for military types. Toughest knife you'll ever own. I sound like a commercial, so I'll say "No, I am not associated with that company in any way".
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:59:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tate: Never heard of that, myself. Congrats on your enlistment! Tate
View Quote
I was told by a guy who was in the coast guard that he got a discount on a RRA rifle. If I rember right he got a NM rifle for about $600
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:05:49 AM EDT
Just figured out it was you Tayous. Congrats on the enlistment!! Remember... in bootcamp, it's best if the drill instructors can't remember your name. I warned ya! +Stealth.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:11:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2002 12:13:46 AM EDT by Garryowen]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:14:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Garryowen: We do, but you have to be [b]CAV[/b] to get it...
View Quote
I've seen "Apocalypse Now" 6 times... do I qualify???
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:27:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2002 10:25:35 PM EDT by Molonlabe79]
Originally Posted By Stealth: Just figured out it was you Tayous. Congrats on the enlistment!! Remember... in bootcamp, it's best if the drill instructors can't remember your name. I warned ya! +Stealth.
View Quote
Yes I'm trying to get my old name back I miss spelled the e-mail address so I don't have a password to the tayous name I was going to start using this name after boot camp.
Originally Posted By Garryowen: We do, but you have to be [b]CAV[/b] to get it... When you get out of boot, give us a call, we might be able to make you "Cav for a day"....
View Quote
Your a great Man Garry!!! Wish there where more like you out there. edited because I can't spell
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:10:00 AM EDT
Back in Fayetteville, North Carolina, Jim's Gun Jobbery (Pawn Shop) had Kahr pistols with night sights at about $120 off the standard price. This discount was for law enforcement and military. Almost bought an MK40 because of the discount, but I ended up cancelling the order as it was taking too damn long to come in. Chris
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:34:07 AM EDT
Oly sells to anyone with a military ID at wholesale. Aviator [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Top Top