Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 10:59:59 PM EDT
Does company out there give one for there FAL's or AR-15's? I just enlisted in the U.S.M.C. and I was told by someone to hole off until I was out of boot camp to buy a rifle because some company will give me a discount because I'm in the military.

Just like to know if this is true or not??
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of that, myself.

Congrats on your enlistment!

Tate
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not heard of a rifle company that does it.  If you're interested in an awesome blade though... Strider knives gives a discount for military types.

Toughest knife you'll ever own.

I sound like a commercial, so I'll say "No, I am not associated with that company in any way".
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Never heard of that, myself.

Congrats on your enlistment!

Tate
View Quote

I was told by a guy who was in the coast guard that he got a discount on a RRA rifle. If I rember right he got a NM rifle for about $600
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Just figured out it was you Tayous.

Congrats on the enlistment!!  Remember... in bootcamp, it's best if the drill instructors can't remember your name.

I warned ya!

+Stealth.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We do, but you have to be [b]CAV[/b] to get it...
View Quote

I've seen "Apocalypse Now" 6 times... do I qualify???
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just figured out it was you Tayous.

Congrats on the enlistment!!  Remember... in bootcamp, it's best if the drill instructors can't remember your name.

I warned ya!

+Stealth.
View Quote

Yes I'm trying to get my old name back I miss spelled the e-mail address so I don't have a password to the tayous name I was going to start using this name after boot camp.

Quoted:
We do, but you have to be [b]CAV[/b] to get it...

When you get out of boot, give us a call, we might be able to make you "Cav for a day"....
View Quote

Your a great Man Garry!!! Wish there where more like you out there.

edited because I can't spell

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Back in Fayetteville, North Carolina, Jim's Gun Jobbery (Pawn Shop) had Kahr pistols with night sights at about $120 off the standard price.  This discount was for law enforcement and military.  

Almost bought an MK40 because of the discount, but I ended up cancelling the order as it was taking too damn long to come in.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Oly sells to anyone with a military ID at wholesale.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top