Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 7:47:02 PM EDT
OK guys, I need help fast. I have a highpower rifle competition tommorrow and I need to get this mag apart. There is a section where you have to shoot one round while handloading in between. I got a single shot follower for the magazine, however I do not know how to get this damn mag apart. The magazine is the one that came with my Bushmaster rifle, and if the picture was clearer you'd be able to tell.

Thanks

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/mag.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Shawn, you are SOL (S___ Out of Luck)  Those mags are made so you can't take them apart.  If you could take them apart you would be able to take out the block and make this 10 rounder into a 10+ rounder. Thank the BATF for that one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember right, the bottom comes off, but the rivets in the middle will prevent you from any further disassembly. You better find another mag by tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't get those apart without busting them. It says in Bushmaster's catalog that a 10 round magazine they make will be ruined if it is taken apart due to BATF regulation. Sorry it is impossible man.

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/8448670-10.asp[/url]

"Note: Due to BATF's requirements, this magazine cannot be disassembled. Any attempt to do so will destroy the magazine. If the magazine gets excessively dirty, it can be cleaned with a strong detergent/hot water solution. Then blow dry with compressed air while depressing the follower and spring. Re-lubricate as soon as it is dry."
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
THanks for the help, I broke the crappy follower in the mag and pushed the new follower into the mag from the top.

Shawn
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I was acutally thinking about trying to work it in from the other end.  I hope it funtions properly tommorrow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top