Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2002 4:13:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2002 4:15:43 PM EDT by 308wood]
would someone please explain the SP1 front pin thing to me. i think old colts have a large front pin (with a slotted head for a standard screwdriver) and new (post-ban) colts have a small front pin but today i saw a SP1 with what i remember to be a small front pin that could be pushed out. is this possible? was it really a small pin? will this work with a standard M4 upper without a special converting pin? thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:57:23 PM EDT
All Colt SP1's had a large front pivot pin. However, they do make a large (.312") pushpin with an integrated detent, for these rifles, and it is likely that is what you saw.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:08:00 PM EDT
thanks, if that is the case. I have a "large (.312") pushpin with an integrated detent" can I have a bushmaster m4 drilled out to fit? or am I stuck with these types of uppers? or going with some sort of conversion pin?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:17:26 PM EDT
[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&CATID=494&ObjectGroup_ID=1369[/url]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:22:03 PM EDT
Get a conversion pin for small hole upper. Be warned, they dont always give a good fit. I was not happy with mine. Many people get a large hole upper receiver used, and then assemble the upper the way they want it. Les Baer/Daniels Defense is making new production large hole uppers. I would much prefer this solution to a conversion pin, but there a many out there using these pins and are happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:19:51 PM EDT
308wood, I have a Bushmaster M4 upper on an SP1 lower. I bought an offset pin from Bushmaster, and the upper and lower fit is remarkable. Guess I lucked out, but the upper/lower fit is better than some FN-manufactured M16A2's that I've fired.
Top Top