Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 9:06:08 AM EDT
There are a lot of interesting threads that I occasionally like to reference.  I used to just print out a thread and keep it as a hard copy, but lately there's so much good info on a lot of subjects that this method is no longer the most economical! or prudent way to go!

So, how can I "save" threads of interest?  Do you guys just book mark them?  Or can the threads be saved as a word document?  Help!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You could do that Prnt Scrn and Paint paste deal to save it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an AR-15.com word.doc file and I use copy (on address up top) and paste to my word.doc file for all threads I want to keep. Makes it easy to help others asking repeat questions.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Mike--So then, I take it, you copy the address and then label it so you know what the thread is about, right?  Sounds like a good idea.  At first I wanted to have an actual copy of the thread, but by saving the address instead, I'll always have the latest infor regarding the thread.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mike--So then, I take it, you copy the address and then label it so you know what the thread is about, right?  Sounds like a good idea.  At first I wanted to have an actual copy of the thread, but by saving the address instead, I'll always have the latest infor regarding the thread.  Thanks!
View Quote

Exactamundo, works for me as I got too many favs already.
Mike
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just save 'em as favorties or bookmarks or whatever it's called-I would think you could save 'em as word documents-also what if you just do File/Save As in Explorer and save the page on the computer-I think I have done that before.

Edited-whoops that didn't work.
View Quote

If you save a thread as a Favorite, you've only saved a link to the thread, not the thread itself.  If GoatBoy decides to reengineer the site, the link may become invalid.

If the thread is important to you, save it using:
File-> Save As -> Web Page, Complete (if using Internet Explorer)
Copy and Paste to Microsoft Word or some other word processor
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Gotcha.  Thanks for the input.  Man, this site is addicting.  LOL!

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top