Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 4:43:54 AM EDT
Have you noticed that the Doomsday Clock suddenly disappeared when Clinton was elected and now it's back?

It reminds me of the homeless.  

The press would lead you to believe that the only problems America faced under the iron - but caring - fist of the Clinton administration was Ken Starr's pesky persecution.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It reminds me of the press coverage of the economy.  Even though it was tanking during Clinton's last year in office the talking heads kept on repeating the mantra that "We're in the strongest economy ever!"

And then it all magically changed when Baby Bush was elected.  As soon as he took the oath of office the talking heads were saying "It seems as if people have no confidence in the president."

I'm just waiting for all the flower children to pop up again.  They all took a vacation during Clinton's "wag the dog" bombings and military campaigns.  But they're coming back to protest the treatment of terrorists at GITMO.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What about that stupid BS "gun death" clock that was in NYC?  Pretty pathetic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top