Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/4/2002 1:57:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2002 1:59:42 PM EDT by Melvin]
A large number of my friends who recently got out of the military received letters reacalling them back to active service. Has anyone else heard any thing about this? I just departed the Army in august so thats why I want to know. Thanks Melvin
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:07:23 PM EDT
I got out in August too. That would be August of 1999. I am awaiting my letter any day now. I will fly 10,000 miles to smoke a Camel [;)]!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:07:58 PM EDT
The IRR is being re-activate piece by piece.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:10:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:13:48 PM EDT
I have not heard anything. I too have been put on IRR status since I have not drilled in a yr.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:23:52 PM EDT
I retired in "94". A friend brought up the inactive reserve thing a few months back. He retired in 2001 and was concerned. I've been away too long and I'm an old fart anyway. (50 in Dec) I used to get a letter every year telling me to maintain mil standards of fitness and 4 sets of BDU's. Yea, right, I'm retired, leave me alone.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:48:07 PM EDT
Every once in a while they recall to get an idea of the hard numbers of ppl they have available..what kind of shape they're in and what not. I haven't heard of any recall to perminent active duty.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:25:30 AM EDT
My grandfather used to participate in recall exercises for retirees (they were voluntary). He would basically get called back to active duty for a few days or a week, travel to a miltary base (I think it was usually Fort Knox), get in-processed back into the Army, and then get out-processed and go home. If I remember correctly, he got his retirement pay during those periods, and got paid his AD O-6 pay for the days he participated, so he basically made a few hundred bucks for going out of town for a couple of days. He would have done it for free, of course, becuase that is just the kind of guy that served, back then.
Top Top