Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 10:33:21 AM EDT
Regular Chocolate.

Anybody know of any other energy bars that tastes better?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#1]
All bars made by Pure Protien are the closest you'll get to a Power/candy bar.  I'm not sure how they are nutritionally but they taste great.

We're talking about flavors like cookies and cream, Apple Pie ala mode, peanut butter and jelly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They all, pretty much, taste like sawdust and pencil shavings.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Most things that are "good for you" taste like crap. Try Cliff Bars if they sell 'em your area.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#4]
mmmm... powercrap
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Regular Chocolate.

Anybody know of any other energy bars that tastes better?
View Quote

Snickers

[pyro] [peep]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this a comparison or are you just estimating what crap tastes like? ;)

Powerbars are not noted for their taste.  They are meant to be eaten by atheletes who are expending considerable energy for long periods.  Until you get to putting 1/4 Hp out for 4 hours, they all are next to worthless.  Candy bars are just as effective.  True atheletes (NOT football players) can expend more energy in an event than they can take in.  For example, Tour de France cyclists will lose 5-15 pounds in the 22 days even though they are eating 5000 calories a day.  They have little fat to draw from.

For a better eat, try Cliff bars but be warned, its no candy bar.  Its closer to a granola bar.

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Try some power juice...

[img]http://www.samswine.com/images/img-beer-menupic.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
ahh yes i remeber powerbars. used to eat them on long backpack trips. kinda like hard leather.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I kind of like those powerbar harvest things.  Some of the flavors are pretty tasty.  Regular power bars aren't good.  I remember a coworker of mine was really into hiking and what not.  He used to bring junk food with him and I asked why.  Powerbars are cool, but twinkies and snickers bars taste good.  It's hard to find something with more calories than twinkies!  Ramen is good camping/hiking food too.  Light, cheap, easy to prepare and fairly high in calories.  Also, eating more fruit and drinking more water is often is helpful too.  Fruit has sugar, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and water.  Some of my activities are quite strenuous so often times I try to consume as many calories as possible to keep my weight up.  During rest periods I shoot for high protein, moderate carbs, and low fat.  Since I all but stopped eating meat and switched to tofu, my energy is higher and my muscle definition better.  Funny thing is that since I started eating tofu frequently, I now prefer it to meat.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How about "Powersauce Bar"?  Unleash the power of the apple!
View Quote

Gramps prefers a can of flapjacks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]
i'm starving and have one in my bag. thanks for reminding me!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the oatmeal raisin powerbars, the rest taste like crap.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Regular Power Bars are too waxy.  The Power bar Harvest are decent, as are the similar Balance Outdoor bars.  I like most of the Balance bars but they are a little small and mot of them include chocolate which is fine around the house or in the office but gets messy in the car or out hiking.

MetRx seem to be about the best, the secret is to take a bite, take a big gulp of water, and kind of chew it all into a much.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#15]
As far as taste, try EAS. The price is high and the carbs are the same, but they taste great. If you don't want carbs try Pure Protien.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How about "Powersauce Bar"?  Unleash the power of the apple!
View Quote

Powersauce? Are you kidding?

Those things are made from apple cores and Chinese newspapers!

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Austin Powers:  "Basil, this coffee tastes like sh*t!"

Basil:  "That's because it IS sh*t"

Ausitn Powers:  "Oh, it's a bit nutty..."
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Healthy=Taste like crap, just a fact of life
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
When I read this I thought for sure I'd see a pic of Bill Murray chomping down on that Baby Ruth bar.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:22:36 AM EDT
[#20]
A bodybuilding buddy of mine in Houston has come out with a line of protein bars that really taste surprisingly good, but they are pricey.  The "Double Chocolate Chunk" is my favorite.

[url]http://www.labrada.com/products/bars.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top