Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 5:50:25 AM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/729756.asp?pne=msn&cp1=1[/url]

April 1, Chicago
Hundreds of passengers at O’Hare International Airport had to be re-screened after security guards noticed that a metal detector had been unplugged

March 31, Albuquerque
A malfunctioning metal detector failed to catch a man carrying a hunting knife, and officials said they had no idea how long the machine had not been working. Some 800 to 1,200 passengers had to be re-screened.

March 31, New Orleans
Officials in Louisiana said a man carried eight knives and two pairs of scissors past a checkpoint at the New Orleans airport, then was allowed to board a plane before he was taken into custody.

----

this just inspires great confidence in out airport security groups does'nt it? a unplugged metal detector? bunch of f'ing einsteins.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What do I do about my BMPI? [brass mesh penal implant] [shock]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess one of the security guards was afraid of the electricity..Or maybe they were'nt letting him wear the tinfoil hat to work..

I think I'll drive, next vacation..

Meplat-

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
there are about 6 more incidents of defective/unpluged metal detectors. hehe.. just great.. wouldnt it make more sense to have them hardwired to power coming up from under them??

--edit--

Nov. 3, Chicago
Two knives were confiscated from Subash Gurung at O'Hare International. However, Gurung was allowed to continue to the gate area with a plastic bag containing seven more knives, a stun gun and a container marked "tear gas-pepper gas." Those items were discovered by United Airlines workers who searched his luggage at the gate.

[shock]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top