Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/4/2002 5:50:25 AM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/729756.asp?pne=msn&cp1=1[/url] April 1, Chicago Hundreds of passengers at O’Hare International Airport had to be re-screened after security guards noticed that a metal detector had been unplugged March 31, Albuquerque A malfunctioning metal detector failed to catch a man carrying a hunting knife, and officials said they had no idea how long the machine had not been working. Some 800 to 1,200 passengers had to be re-screened. March 31, New Orleans Officials in Louisiana said a man carried eight knives and two pairs of scissors past a checkpoint at the New Orleans airport, then was allowed to board a plane before he was taken into custody. ---- this just inspires great confidence in out airport security groups does'nt it? a unplugged metal detector? bunch of f'ing einsteins.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:03:54 AM EDT
What do I do about my BMPI? [brass mesh penal implant] [shock]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:27:05 AM EDT
I guess one of the security guards was afraid of the electricity..Or maybe they were'nt letting him wear the tinfoil hat to work.. I think I'll drive, next vacation.. Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:34:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2002 6:38:06 AM EDT by NOVA5]
there are about 6 more incidents of defective/unpluged metal detectors. hehe.. just great.. wouldnt it make more sense to have them hardwired to power coming up from under them?? --edit-- Nov. 3, Chicago Two knives were confiscated from Subash Gurung at O'Hare International. However, Gurung was allowed to continue to the gate area with a plastic bag containing seven more knives, a stun gun and a container marked "tear gas-pepper gas." Those items were discovered by United Airlines workers who searched his luggage at the gate. [shock]
Top Top