Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/6/2010 4:19:08 PM EDT
Well , not really, although it's pretty darn close.
A guy not too far from me always has a ton of jeeps outside, recently I found out that he's a military vehicle dealer and regularly has a ton of cool stuff for sale.
This time he's offering Cheiftan tanks that have been configured to look like m1s for use in movies and stuff.

So , my question is who wants to do a group buy?

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Still with functional armor plates ?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well , not really, although it's pretty darn close.

A guy not too far from me always has a ton of jeeps outside, recently I found out that he's a military vehicle dealer and regularly has a ton of cool stuff for sale.

This time he's offering Cheiftan tanks that have been configured to look like m1s for use in movies and stuff.

http://www.armyjeeps.net/Britchief/britchief.JPGhttp://www.armyjeeps.net/Britchief/britchief-1.JPGhttp://www.armyjeeps.net/Britchief/britchief-5.JPG
So , my question is who wants to do a group buy?

I'm down if it's in running condition? we can park it outside a polling station during the 2012 Elections and surely we won't have any issues, afterall, what's good for the Black Panthers is good for?  
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I  don't think there's an armor demill requirement, only a demill requirement relating to the main cannon (as it's a DD and in some cases imported). This specific guy HAS sold tanks with functional main guns, one that I salivated over was a m113 APC w/ a bushmaster 20mm chain gun (that was registered and G2G).

I'm down if it's in running condition? we can park it outside a polling
station during the 2012 Elections and surely we won't have any issues,
afterall, what's good for the Black Panthers is good for?  

He always notes if it's non-functional, and he states clearly they're 100% in working order. Although i'm betting the main gun has been demilled.

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a cheiftain underneath all of that.

Run away!

There's a reason Fv432 fitters followed them around like vultures... The leyland diesel wasn't the best thought out engine.

What's underneath the tacked on plate.

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
can you register the gun?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh my word

New work vehicle?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

can you register the gun?

In this case it's a cheiftian tank which was imported from the UK , if it was prior to 69 (I think) it may have a registered main gun. You technically I guess could re-build one from a demill status if you needed, although it's quite likely it's a propane cannon.

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The wife says if we can use fake money to buy a fake M1 we are good!

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I  don't think there's an armor demill requirement, only a demill requirement relating to the main cannon (as it's a DD and in some cases imported). This specific guy HAS sold tanks with functional main guns, one that I salivated over was a m113 APC w/ a bushmaster 20mm chain gun (that was registered and G2G).

I'm down if it's in running condition? we can park it outside a polling station during the 2012 Elections and surely we won't have any issues, afterall, what's good for the Black Panthers is good for?  

He always notes if it's non-functional, and he states clearly they're 100% in working order. Although i'm betting the main gun has been demilled.

The Bushmaster is a 25mm.
How was the 20mm mounted? I'd be really interested to see a -113 with a 20mm, especially if it was a retrofit of a turret from a -114.

Also, can the Chieftains be converted back to Chieftains?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
That is really cool... Though I'd prefer those to look like a normal Chieftain tank. The Chieftain was cool.

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Only problem is then you'd NEED an M2HB and 240D to go on top
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#13]
do want!

i want them all!
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Arfcom armor division
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

How was the 20mm mounted? I'd be really interested to see a -113 with a 20mm, especially if it was a retrofit of a turret from a -114.

I was wrong, I was able to recover the APC description.

"A beautiful M114 , fully restored and complete with the M139 Gun ,
20MM .
   It has a Title and is completely legal , garage kept and has never
set out .
   It is definitely one of the finest and most complete I have seen .
" I guess I assumed it was a bushmaster ,it appears it was a compeditor to the bushmaster cannon that failed trials.

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]
boring
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Now that would get attention trolling around in Southern AZ.
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to hijack, but could someone direct me to dealers who sell M113s? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is the guy w/ the 'm1' for sale http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Only problem is then you'd NEED an M2HB and 240D to go on top

Loader's 240 is a no-suffix (or on the newer mods, a B), not a D...

And the 'must have' is the coax, moreso than the CWS & loader's hose...

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

In b4 the Gavin shitstorm...

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Now that would get attention trolling around in Southern AZ.

Not so fast there, chief.
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Why is a Chieftan Tank cheaper than a M249 SAW?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Oh..me..I'm in!!

Link Posted: 7/6/2010 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

"A beautiful M114 , fully restored and complete with the M139 Gun , 20MM .     It has a Title and is completely legal , garage kept and has never set out .     It is definitely one of the finest and most complete I have seen . " I guess I assumed it was a bushmaster ,it appears it was a compeditor to the bushmaster cannon that failed trials.

Thank you - I have a real soft spot for the Lynx.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#26]
How do wI contact him?  seriously.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#27]
This thread, I like it already.  It's got the 113, Dave_A, and that Marine how is looking for a jobby job.  I'm in!
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

not too many registered saws?  plus i couldnt mount a tank in the bed of my tacoma :P

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I need to research how you deactivate steel.

Maybe someone has an oven big enough to aneal an entire tank.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"A beautiful M114 , fully restored and complete with the M139 Gun , 20MM .     It has a Title and is completely legal , garage kept and has never set out .     It is definitely one of the finest and most complete I have seen . " I guess I assumed it was a bushmaster ,it appears it was a compeditor to the bushmaster cannon that failed trials.

I was hoping for this guy

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Governmental interference with the free market.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#33]
group buy , and send it south

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In b4 the Gavin shitstorm...

Why would that happen?
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Buying the tank is no problem hauling it is another story very very expensive.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
group buy , and send it south

^ I like the way this guy thinks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#37]
that looks pretty close, saw a M1A on the back of a long hauler yesterday on the highway broke down...bout had a hard on
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#38]
The Chieftain is a very large tank and almost impossible to transport b/c it is over the acceptable road going cargo widths. You have to have special permits to transport them for every county you cross. If you look hard enough you will find some for sale in the $30-40K range. I wouldn't buy one though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I see T-55's and T-72's around for about the same price, which would probably be a better deal since parts are going to be alot cheaper on a combloc tank.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The Chieftain is a very large tank and almost impossible to transport b/c it is over the acceptable road going cargo widths. You have to have special permits to transport them for every county you cross. If you look hard enough you will find some for sale in the $30-40K range. I wouldn't buy one though.

The guys selling this M1Abrams clone do have the necessary permits to drive through every state coast to coast so they could get it to you but then once you get it your on your own. This would be great if you owned a lot of land and were planning on just driving it around on it but yea shipping it to an event can cost $6k+ and up just one way...

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm headed to the credit union for a loan RIGHT NOW.  My wife will think this is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

All US dollars are fake now, so go for it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

David W. Uhrig
P.O. Box 726-A, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
Phone and FAX: 740-772-1540
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

David W. Uhrig

Let us know the status of the main gun, I haven't emailed him to ask.

Never the less , every so often he does have IFVs that are wheeled and road legal.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

David W. Uhrig

The Tank is in Ca though so figure shipping from there.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Buying the tank is no problem hauling it is another story very very expensive.

Buy the tank; rent the low boy; cover the overweight permits and fuel. I will take it where ever you want for a very  modest fee.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I could just see it now

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Buy one and turn it into a kangaroo carrier for border patrol use

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Buy one and turn it into a kangaroo carrier for border patrol use

Wonder if the cartels would bring out the RPGs in that case?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top