Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/3/2002 3:26:34 PM EDT
Where can I get some BDU's with the Desert camo that is being used in the middle east? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:38:32 PM EDT
[url]http://www.goarmy.com/index04.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:49:31 PM EDT
Yo NOname...Good one...LOL
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:08:25 PM EDT
Try http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/ ?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:50:06 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:07:04 PM EDT
First of all it's not "new". Three color desert has been issued since 1993 at least. It was designed in response to the gulf war where the 6-color desert had too much contrast. Unfortunately the 3 color desert isnt good anywhere outside of that sand dune type desert enviroment, and the troops in afganistan would be better ooff with the old pattern. Ebay is the best place i have found for BDU's. I usually get them for about $15.00 a set deliverd. I have had best results with buying from recently discharged Airforce troops. Their BDUs see little field use and are usually in like new condition.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:37:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:48:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bill_Clinton: Where can I get some BDU's with the Desert camo that is being used in the middle east? Thanks
View Quote
Why the hell does a dude in Wisc need a desert colored BDU's? All thats up there is lots of trees, and cheeseheads! [BD] c-rock
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:00:03 PM EDT
I like this place outside DC: [url]www.fullmetaljacket.com[/url]. New pants and shirts are $23 each, but buy in quantity because shipping is steep.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:09:58 PM EDT
Troy, The Army initially went with the three color prior to 1991 due to the fact that the six-color, which worked pretty well in the Mojave Desert, sucked in the Sinai, the Arabian Peninsula, and just about every other place you can think of. We tried it on Bright Star, the MNPKF stuff in the Sinai, and other places. It just didn't work that well. In fact, having been to the NTC more than a couple of times (like 7), the six-color just doesn't do as well as the three-color. The three-color's not perfect, but until someone develops a chameleon camo pattern, we can only afford so many different shades. As I have to buy my own uniforms, hell, I can only afford to have so many!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:13:12 PM EDT
I can second FullMetalJacket.com as a reputable place to buy online. I've bought a variety of stuff from them over the past year (from a decent unlined black beret and flash - don't get me started) to original issue green jungle boots. Their service was always fantastic, and delivery time was quick. Last time I perused their website, it had a few glitches, so I called the 800 number. A really helpful guy answered the phone, and processed my order within 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:08:22 AM EDT
Hey Bill!...You can have this guy BDU and boots. [img]http://santyth.home.mindspring.com/Attacks/sniper4-sm.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:38:18 PM EDT
Wow, I never realized that fullmetaljacket had a web site. I always thought of them as that cool surplus store I go through on the way to the gun shop that is on the second floor.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:45:54 PM EDT
Anybody seen the pics of Palestinain Authority types wearing that blue/grey urban camo? Pretty freaky. I thought that all those funky colored patterns were just for... well... you know... "[@:D]inner city people[@:D]".
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:00:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:50:14 PM EDT
Hey dudes, I got five sets and two pairs of boots, FREE. Hell, they even thru in a gas mask and web gear, tools and a truck. Awwww Hell, I am in the military.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:22:46 PM EDT
looking for 3-color desert eh. proceed immediately to your local stripmall, look for the stressed out staff NCO in a khaki shirt and blue trousers and loudly proclaim "GUNNY, I WANNA BE OH-THREE"...you can thank me later.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:32:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:37:57 AM EDT
[url]www.mysticarmynavy.com[/url] They have good prices, excellent quality and the guys who own/run it are great. Lots of good stuff on the site as well, including a pretty nice boat.
Top Top