Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2002 9:05:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Beside where I live right now, anywhere in 3rd country where the dollar is king.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Northern Luzon in the Philippines.  Either Pampanga or Baguio.  It's beautiful, the cost of living is incredibly low, and the people are great and value freedom more than the average American.  There is some guerrilla activity, but probably about the same as the neighborhood I lived in in Chicago, with the Puerto Rican separatists.

Besides, the bars in Angeles are great, especially the Mad Dog Motorcycle Club/Thunderstruck, and Margarita Station (Formerly Margaritaville before Jimmy Buffett's lawyers flew half way around the world to give them a rough time).  There's enough Aussies and American vets and oil riggers there to make for a grand old time.
View Quote

I know the womenz are great !

Do you have any idea on whether or not the Philippines allows personal weapons now ????
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
If I ended up wealthy, I would seriously consider Venice, Italy.  Been there as a young man and again for my honeymoon.  Something about the atmosphere...
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Italia...
[img]http://home.sunrise.ch/avong/cinque_terre/images/vernaza.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is some guerrilla activity, but probably about the same as the neighborhood I lived in in Chicago, with the Puerto Rican separatists.
View Quote

Let them seperate themselves and GO BACK TO PUERTO RICO if they feel that way. WTF!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Udon Thani, Thailand, cheap and the people are unbelievably friendly, or were when I was there in the Air Force. Or Cozumel, Mexico, cheap to live and still only an hour from the U.S. mainland.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#10]
New Hampshire after we secede from the US.

[url=http://www.freestateproject.com]The Free State Project[/url]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:
Italia...
[img]http://home.sunrise.ch/avong/cinque_terre/images/vernaza.jpg[/img]
View Quote
[/b]

Was this the place you were at when 09/11 happened?  Sure looks beautiful.
View Quote

Yes.
Stayed in this town (good) people here):
[img]http://www.cinqueterreonline.com/corn_01b.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I will stay right here in Vermont. No gun laws, gun friendly communities, plenty of places to shoot and hunt, and really neat gun shops where you can have a beer and talk about the things you enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#15]
The good old [red]U[/red][white]S[/white][blue]A[/blue]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#16]
kpel308,

Not sure when you were in Angeles, maybe it changed.  I was there last year.  First time and only for 3 days.  I found it a bit depressing.  Maybe it was cooler in the days when the base was open.  To be honest, I felt lucky to get out unhurt.

A2Cat-man,

Udon?  Are you serious dude?  Like living nowhere.  Well, I do see some of the attraction.  But as a golf junkie and beach type it ain't for me.  

For myself, near Bangkok, Pattaya or Ko Samui.  Actually, Ko Samui is out.  No golf.  Probably Pattaya or nearabouts.

Rent on an oceanview condo - 15,000 baht a month (like $350).  Food, cheap.  Everything cheap.  GOLF cheap.  Lots of nightlife.  Action.  Excitement.

Course, 5 years from now might be different.

To give you an idea, check out this link.  The entire CITY is based on tourism and nightlife.  Angeles has one street with about 10 gogos for excitement.  Pattaya has about 10 streets equal to that.  And in between is nonstop bars.

[url]http://www.pattayacity.com/pattaya/beach_rd.html[/url]

If you want the beach - there it is.

And I always feel safe in Thailand.  Though we are not allowed a gun (unless of course you get to know a ranking policeman and pay him off).

James
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Da Nang
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Costa Rica.  Got a friend there now doing immersion Spanish cause he's gonna stay.

[):)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top