Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2002 4:32:09 PM EDT
along with my other idea I had another Idea I would like to see. how about a gun magazine totally based around the ar-15. it would have article and reviews for new accessories, new rifles, tour or factories, optics, new ammo, new uppers, and maybe a special pre-ban section.

I would love to write a articles for this, plus it would probably be cheaper than my other Idea.

plus it would give us a decent gun magazine we could all enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT.

I really do like this idea. It could be an extension of AR15.com seeing as how this site is like an online magazine/gunclub/infozone. I feel very confident that we could really do somthing like this. The AR15.com army has done so much and accomplished so much. If we all pitched in and helped im very sure that this could work.

P.S. maybe you should edit the subject line and make it bold. or elaborate that you are talking about a magazine and not a magazine "clip"

if this falls behind then I will bump it up again until it gaines the right attention [bounce]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What would be the publishing frequency?  I would imagine that quarterly would be enough for the moment...  If we are going to stick to the AR-15 (actually, make it AR-series - -10, -15, -7, and all the rest) to expand subject matter and give more area to cover.  Still, going monthly would be a bit much...

I like the idea as well - but let's try not to run ourselves out of material within the first six months or so...

How should we stuff the rag?  I don't know how much tech and mods info is out there at the moment, but we could probably come up with more.  History is something that could be only REALLY covered once, but what else is out there?

FFZ
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
we could have an article about home pretecion tactics. thats a forever ongoing topic. we could cover high power competitions those are always continuos. plus they are always coming up with somthing new. we could cover the ar in realation to law enforcement. we could write a article every issue about the accurized ar15, that too is always changing, and evloving. you  could fill a whole magazine alone with just accessories to upgrade you ar, not to mention suggestions for different configurations. imagine the sopmod of the week reader send in picture. you could do the same with tac driving ars too. in the preban section you could hold competition for which flash suppressor works best, bayonet tactics, and my favorite the never ending search for the best can to hang of the end. there plenty of stuff to cover.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I like that idea.

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
any ideas on where to start
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
First step would be to write to GB with your idea.  

Second step would be to send me $1000 & I will get you started.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top