Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 4:21:01 AM EDT
{From yesterday's NYPost}

[b][size=4]Iraq & McVeigh][/size=4]

* Jayna Davis, an investigative reporter in Oklahoma City, has uncovered evidence of Iraqi involvement in the bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building.

When Timothy McVeigh, who was executed for his role in the bombing, was captured, he had on his person several Iraqi telephone numbers. Davis obtained affidavits from several witnesses claiming to have seen McVeigh in the company of a "Middle Eastern-looking person" who resembled the sketch of John Doe No. 2.

Hussein al-Husseini, a former Iraqi soldier, sued Davis for libel, but the suit was dismissed. U.S. District Judge Tim Leonard ruled all the facts in Davis' broadcasts either were true, or were statements of opinion which did not libel the plaintiff.

An Iraqi connection could explain the frequent trips to the Philippines of McVeigh confederate Terry Nichols, where his path apparently crossed with that of Ramzi Yousef; how McVeigh and Nichols, who had no visible means of support, acquired the money to carry out the bombing; and how they acquired the expertise to build their bomb, which was very like the explosive used at the World Trade Center the year before.

* The Czech intelligence service has reported that Mohammed Atta, leader of the hijackers on 9/11, met at least twice in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence officer.

* In a powerful article in the New Yorker, Jeffrey Goldberg describes the involvement of both Iraqi intelligence and Al Qaeda in creation of a Kurdish terrorist group, Ansar al-Islam. [/b]

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]
...far fetched, but interesting.
The idea of a Gulf War vet...
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I've suspected for some time now that McVeigh might have gotten technical assistance building the bomb from Middle Eastern sources.  Frankly, the racist White Supremacists he hung out with weren't smart enough to build it as well as it was constructed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#3]
JFK was assasinated by Aliens for his invasion of the moon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've suspected for some time now that McVeigh might have gotten technical assistance building the bomb from Middle Eastern sources.  Frankly, the racist White Supremacists he hung out with weren't smart enough to build it as well as it was constructed.
View Quote

I don't know about the White Supremacists he hung out with, but he had commercial blasting caps that he burgled. He built a small model bomb and exploded the model as a test.

What I have problems with is that he spent $10,000 on the bomb, but did not renew his auto plates. Why would one have so much cash and not renew his auto plates? My best guess is that he got the cash for the bomb from someone else and he kept that money separate.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
When you think about it, it makes sense.

Take your average disgruntled, anti-government, type.
If he's willing to break the law, he's vulnerable to foreign intelligence agents.
Here's how:

If a foreign approachs him and says, "hey, wanna buy some anthrax?"
He'll probably say no.
If the gent says, "hey, I've got some 'silencers' for sale..." or "wanna buy an M60?..." or "how about some hand grenades?".
He's on the road to terror.
Once the door is open...
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

...and [b][red]Canada[/red] is #1[/b]. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
too bad we didnt keep tim alive so we can ask him about this, especially in view of 9/11. i'd be interested to see what terry's got to say, too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

...and [b][red]Canada[/red] is #1[/b]. [;)]
View Quote

And Israel deserves US tax dollars. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top