Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 10:32:53 PM EDT
There's a National Guard armory near my house.  Since 9/11, there's always a guard with M16 standing by the gate 24hours a day 7 days a week.  I'm thinking its time they should stop doing that.  I don't think any of Osama boyz would storm the armory and steal HMMMVs and M35 cargo trucks.  I don't know if LAX (Los Angeles Intl Airport) still has National Guardsmen with M16 patrolling the terminal.  If they are still there, I think that should stop too.  My questions are, what is the purpose of this?  Is it so that NG can be deployed on minute notice such as in an event of NBC attack?  Or is it because they are afraid terrorists would attack the NG armory?  Finally, these tight security still taking place in other states (not just CA) as well?   I'm really thankful for those that were called out to active duty and serving this great country.  But I'm sure they are longing to return to their normal "civilian" life.  Let me hear your opinion on this.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There is several TRILLION dollars missing and unaccounted for in the defense (?budget?). Maybe this is where it is going.... Dang,almost forgot, I need to send in my payment to Uncle Sugar cause he didn't steal enough from my pay  last year.[BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top