Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 8:57:29 PM EDT
[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/flashman%2FTurtle%2Ejpg[/img]

Finally!!!

32 years since this snot nosed freshman first entered Cole Field House.

Maybe all things do come to he who waits.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I get to go to College Park today and check for damage to our fiber cables. I wish they wouldn't tear stuff up so much when they celebrate.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been a fan since I was 13 years old. I'm glad we finally got one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]
We Won!

We Won!

Burn the town!

[img]http://www.sunspot.net/media/photo/2002-04/2561200.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.sunspot.net/media/photo/2002-04/2561169.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Finally Maryland put a team on the floor that Gary Williams couldn't screw up. I've been following him since his days at BC, and he's just not a good coach.

If Lefty was still there, they'd have won a lot sooner.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]

I couldn't care less what the drunken idiots are doing at College Park. I'm happy the Terps(you know the basketball team that played last night in the GA dome?)won it all.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Gary Williams has done an excellent job bringing the Maryland program out of the ashes to a National Title. Say what you will, he's a great coach.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I get to go to College Park today and check for damage to our fiber cables. I wish they wouldn't tear stuff up so much when they celebrate.
View Quote

Sorry, but that's apparently our tradition.  It's not whether you win or lose, but how much stuff you destroy afterward.  It does make us look really bad though, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, but that's apparently our tradition.  It's not whether you win or lose, but how much stuff you destroy afterward.  It does make us look really bad though, doesn't it?
View Quote

Well, once I got there, everything looked pretty much OK. Interestingly, there were twice as many arrests in Indiana than Maryland after last night's game. Still, kinda reminds me of South Central in the early `90's. Why crap in your own bedroom?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want to see the definition of MOB MENTALITY, just watch the University of Maryland.

That got me to thinking...I'm a store owner in the College Park area and a game is coming up. Do you:

Stand in front of your store holding a rifle?

Position yourself inside your place of business in a prominent spot so people outside can see you are there and armed?

Wait for the looters to actually enter your business before opening fire?

Kiss your ass goodbye?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you want to see the definition of MOB MENTALITY, just watch the University of Maryland.

That got me to thinking...I'm a store owner in the College Park area and a game is coming up. Do you:

Stand in front of your store holding a rifle?

Position yourself inside your place of business in a prominent spot so people outside can see you are there and armed?

Wait for the looters to actually enter your business before opening fire?

Kiss your ass goodbye?
View Quote

Simple - call 911!  And keep your insurance up to date!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top