Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 10:18:45 PM EDT
So today was Easter, one of, if not the most important of the Christian holy days, right?

ABC, the network of Eisner, showed "The Ten Commandments" tonight, which is all about how those plucky Jews and Yahweh put the smackdown on Egypt and the Pharoah. In the final scene of the movie, the Jews were on their way across the Jordan river into the promised land.

It occurred to me what propitious timing this broadcast was, considering current events there across the Jordan River. A little good PR for the "Red Sea pedestrians" could be seen by some as long overdue. I mean, if all you wanted to do was broadcast a religious-themed movie on Easter Sunday, a better choice might have been "Ben Hur," don't you think? It at least refers to the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.

Did this occur to anyone else, or am I all alone here?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You're a Marine, you can't help it. [:D]

Now I'll go read your post
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
After reading you post - I think you opened a can-o-worms

I like it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can't handle the worms, get out of the bass boat. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you are reading [b]way[/b] to much into it. IIRC the same move was played last year and many other Easter years before that.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure you put more thought into it than those Hollywood types.

I'll bet it went like this....  

a)Hey what should we play for Easter?
b)I don't care, I'll be in the Bahamas.
a)I'll just use last years schedule...  Ten Commandments... Sounds like an Easter type show.
b)Have you seen my hash pipe?

If they knew Chuck H. was the star of the movie, and was the NRA's main man, they'd crapcan the movie in a Hollywood second.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#6]
But [b]Jarhead_22[/b], they [u]were[/u] showing [b]Ben Hur[/b] last night!

Not to be confused with the story of [b]Ezra Ben Hun[/b], a thoroughly different story and not one that would translate well to the big screen.

Those movies were just a sop that Hollywood threw to the (formerly) Christian masses that once lived noble lives in a country called America.

Alas, they are no more. They have been replaced by a more literate and intellectual Christianity that is ill-at-ease in looking at some Jew strung up on a cross.

All you must do is to place your hand on the tv screen and claim Jesus as your 'personal savior' and BOOM you're in!

No life of bearing a cross. No good works. No baptism. No ministry. No self-sacrifice. No losses in this world. No enmity with the world. No laboring in His fields. No service. No assembling together on the Lord's Day. No communion. No prayers. No hymns. No hits. No runs. Just errors.

Eric The(LordComeQuickly)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:22:38 AM EDT
[#8]
"The Ten Commandments" has been broadcast on network TV almost every Easter for at least the last seven years.

BTW, it's one of my favorite movies.  How can you not love a movie with Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Edward G. Robinson and Vincent Price?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:45:08 AM EDT
[#10]
originally by jarhead:
plucky Jews
View Quote

I love that word "plucky."  [:D]

Jarhead -

Yer dangerously close to insinuating that there's some sort of Jewish bias in Hollywood.  NAAAAAAH - can't be [;)]

Seriously, I wonder if the sheeple out there are smart enuf to pick up on the subtlety of such a TV program. Since most of 'em consider the whole Red Sea / Jordan River  thing a big myth anyway.

But I like yer thought process.

origiannly by ETH:
They have been replaced by a more literate and intellectual Christianity that is ill-at-ease in looking at some Jew strung up on a cross.
View Quote

Maybe the problem with that "intellectual Christianity" is the fact that they seem to think the fact that he was "some Jew" is  of equal weight as the  fact that He IS the very Son of God. Or at least they talk more about it. Hmmmmmmm.........

[;)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#11]
My local cable movie channel ran the newer version of "Jesus Christ Superstar".  Quite intense, if not as well done as the original version.

It left no doubt about the pain & the blood & the nailing to a cross.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

All you must do is to place your hand on the tv screen and claim Jesus as your 'personal savior' and BOOM you're in!

View Quote

I tried that and I just got knocked across the room from static electricity.   I have now lost vision in one eye, I have a ringing in my ear and I can no longer control my bladder.

If this is what it means to be a Chrisitian, I respectfully requests a refund.

The[green]Red[/green]Goat
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#13]
It was just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
But [b]garandman[/b], if He wasn't Jewish, He couldn't have been the Messiah or the 'Son of God.'

I have no false illusions about the nature of Jesus. He was pre-existent, He was 'uncreated' as He [u]was[/u] the Creator, nothing exists that was not created by Him.

But to lose sight of His essential Jewishness is to lose sight of the 'God With Us' aspect of His earthly ministry.

But prior to His final death at Calvary, there were at least two occasions in which the Jews tried to kill Him.

Do you remember what Jesus had said on those two occasions that so angered the Jews?

Eric The(GentleGentile)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, sure, sure.  Just gloss right over my damaged vision clarity, hearing disability and bladder instability.    

What am I, chopped liver or something?

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I tried that and I just got knocked across the room from static electricity.   I have now lost vision in one eye, I have a ringing in my ear and I can no longer control my bladder.

View Quote

RedGoat...Where did you find ROBERT TILTON RERUNS!!???  Gawd I loved that guy!!  "Put your hand on the screen and PRAISE JEE-ZUZ!!  Abu-wal-agu-zuta!!"

[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
But [b]garandman[/b], if He wasn't Jewish, He couldn't have been the Messiah or the 'Son of God.'
View Quote

Please get me a Scripture reference that says "sans Jewishness" He couldn't have been the Son of God. Again, you make statements about God WITHOUT Scripture reference. (And I caught that 'blah blah blah 'Bible quote' blah blah blah" post you made to me in another thread [;)] )

Yes, God sent Christ thru the Jewish nation, but that accrues only benefit and OBLIGATION to the Jewish nation (Romans 9:1-7), it DOES NOT accrue credibility to Christ. It is SILLY / HERETICAL to think that man's humanity (e.g. Jewishness) contributed ANYTHING to the God-man Christ Jesus.

God could have picked ANY nation on earth to send Christ thru, and still accompl;ished redemption. He simply named the Jewish nation so people would know where to look for Messiah, and then, when Christ came, they'd know the power and authority of God to be able to accomplish that which He foretold.

Do you remember what Jesus had said on those two occasions that so angered the Jews?

View Quote

Well, let's see -

Christ speaking to the Jewish spiritual leadership -

"You are of your father the devil." (Ouch - imagine God saying that to His own "chosen people." [;)] )

"I will destroy this temple."

Are thems the ones you were referring to???
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

RedGoat...Where did you find ROBERT TILTON RERUNS!!???  Gawd I loved that guy!!  "Put your hand on the screen and PRAISE JEE-ZUZ!!  Abu-wal-agu-zuta!!"

[:D][:D][:D]
View Quote

'Brother Bob' is one of the many voices in my head.  

I used to fall in the floor laughing at him when he went o babbling in a 'tongue.'

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Garandman and ETH going to do a Bible debate this morning.  

Wait!  I gotta go get some popcorn, this should be fun to watch.

The[blue]Red[/blue]Goat
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Post from garandman -
Please get me a Scripture reference that says "sans Jewishness" He couldn't have been the Son of God. Again, you make statements about God WITHOUT Scripture reference. (And I caught that 'blah blah blah 'Bible quote' blah blah blah" post you made to me in another thread
View Quote

There would be no such Scripture, because He must have been born Jewish in order for all Scripture and Prophecies regardin Him to have been fulfilled.

Your argument is with God the Father. He [u]could[/u] have chosen another people, race, nationality, tribe, family, or whatever you want to call it, through which God the Son could have been born.

But He would have had to make those plans before the foundation of the world.

But the Scriptures and Prophecies are quite clear:

Gen. 3:15 - He will be born of the seed of Eve
Gen. 9:26,27 - The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem
Gen. 12:3 - the seed of Abraham will bless all nations
Gen. 14:18 - the seed of Isaac will establish an everlasting covenant
Gen. 22:18 - the seed of Isaac will bless all nations
Gen. 26:2-5 - the seed of Isaac will bless all nations
Gen. 27: - the seed of Jacob (Israel) receives the promise given to Isaac
Gen. 49:8 - the seed of Judah shall gather all peoples
Gen. 49:10 - the time of Messiah's coming will be when the sceptre had departed from Judah (as it had since Roman days).

Hey, and that's just from Genesis! I have approximately one thousand to go, but I commend that search to you, Brother.

So to recap, the Messiah will be the son of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel), and Judah.

I know of only one Man (if it be lawful to call Such 'a Man') that is shown to descend from Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and Judah, that was slain for sins of all peoples for all times.

And that was Jesus, the 'Lion of the Tribe of Judah', and Messiah!

As a matter of fact, He was so much like the typical Jews of His day that He had to be identified and betrayed by the kiss of a 'friend.'

Eric The(Scriptural)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Garandman and ETH going to do a Bible debate this morning.  

Wait!  I gotta go get some popcorn, this should be fun to watch.

The[blue]Red[/blue]Goat
View Quote

Yup

It looks like it could be a 3 way tag team match - Grandman's got another going with SteyrAUG.  3 men enter, one man leave.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Now guys, you should know that [b]garandman[/b] and I differ on very few things relating to Christianity.

I tend to emphasize the 'Jewishness' of Jesus as a counterbalance to those who desire to remove Jesus from historical Judaism.

[b]Garandman[/b], on the other hand, wants to de-emphasize the 'Jewishness' of Jesus to keep the Jews on their toes about His message, and their rejection of it.

Both are valid points.  Jesus is the Jewish Messiah.  Jews must accept Jesus as that Messiah and harken to His words to inherit eternal life in His Kingdom.

I believe that he and I both agree on those two sentences!

Am I right, G-man?

Eric The(KingJamesKindaGuy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
.....He must have been born Jewish in order for all Scripture and Prophecies regardin Him to have been fulfilled.

But the Scriptures and Prophecies are quite clear:

Gen. 3:15 - He will be born of the seed of Eve
Gen. 9:26,27 - The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem
Gen. 12:3 - the seed of Abraham will bless all nations
Gen. 14:18 - the seed of Isaac will establish an everlasting covenant
Gen. 22:18 - the seed of Isaac will bless all nations
Gen. 26:2-5 - the seed of Isaac will bless all nations
Gen. 27: - the seed of Jacob (Israel) receives the promise given to Isaac
Gen. 49:8 - the seed of Judah shall gather all peoples
Gen. 49:10 - the time of Messiah's coming will be when the sceptre had departed from Judah (as it had since Roman days).

]:)]
View Quote

None of that is in dispute. Nice strawman, however.

Try to focus now....

The dispute is in those that mention His Jewishness AS OFTEN as they mention His status as God, as if being Jewish was JUST as important.

Beyond that, the dispute is with those that mention Christ's jewishness in hallowed tones, as if His being Jewish added something to His standing as God, and them try to extrapolate that into showing His being born a Jew PROVES the Jews are God's chosen people.

Yikes. Talk about strained logic, that.

And what was your point about Christ's quotes, above???

I was curious what you thought of Christ saying to the Jewish religious leaders - "You are of your father the devil."

Truly, Christ ran roughshod over these "chosen people." Do a study sometime of Christ's DIRECT statements to the Jewish leaders. [b]Makes me look like an Israel butt-kisser.[/b] And PROVES that Christ considered His OWN "jewishness" rubbish, as "filthy rags" before God.

"All our righteousness (read: good works, humanity, DNA, bloodline) is as filthy rags" (Isa 64: 6-7, that's OT, my friend, and something ALL Jews should recognize by now.) The fact that they DID NOT recognize it, and thought themselves significant BECAUSE of their attachment biologically to Abraham CAUSED them to miss their Messiah. Something you are helping them do AGAIN, by perpetuating the MYTH of God's favoring Jews BECAUSE they are Jews)

Matt. 3: 9 - "And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." (Spoken by Christ during teh so-called dispensation of law)

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It looks like it could be a 3 way tag team match - Grandman's got another going with SteyrAUG.  3 men enter, one man leave.
View Quote

LOL!!!!!!!!!

originally by ETH:

I tend to emphasize the 'Jewishness' of Jesus as a counterbalance to those who desire to remove Jesus from historical Judaism.

Garandman, on the other hand, wants to de-emphasize the 'Jewishness' of Jesus to keep the Jews on their toes about His message, and their rejection of it.

Both are valid points.
View Quote

But some points are MORE valid than others. [;)]

That's a good summation, ETH. You want EVERYBODY to know Christ was a Jew.

And yes, I wish to "keep the Jews on their toes" regarding their rejection of their Messiah (tho I would differ on your claim that I de-emphasize Christ's Jewishness to accomplish this)

Christ DID come of the Jews - demonstrating that He knows ****ALL **** men's struggles and temptations, and can empathize with man, yet He NEVER sinned thru it all. Yet they REJECTED Him, missing his eternal salvation.

So, let me ask -

Which "point", yours or mine, is of greater ETERNAL consequence to the Jew??? The fact that Christ was a Jew, or that He can save the Jewsih person's soul?

IMO, your point makes them feel warm and fuzzy, and falsely content. My point, while unpleasant to them at first, spurs them back to their God, and to their greatest source of joy and peace.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Uhh... Hey guys! The tile of this thread was "[b]AM[/b] I overanalyzing this?",  not "[b]Could you please[/b] overanalyze this?"
[;)]

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Uhh... Hey guys! The tile of this thread was "[b]AM[/b] I overanalyzing this?",  not "[b]Could you please[/b] overanalyze this?"
[;)]
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Post from garandman -
The dispute is in those that mention His Jewishness AS OFTEN as they mention His status as God, as if being Jewish was JUST as important.
View Quote

Who is it that thinks that being 'Jewish' is just as important as being 'Divine'? I think that being Jewish is akin to being cursed in this present age, don't you?
Beyond that, the dispute is with those that mention Christ's jewishness in hallowed tones, as if His being Jewish added something to His standing as God, and them try to extrapolate that into showing His being born a Jew PROVES the Jews are God's chosen people.
View Quote

No, it was God Who chose the Jews to be His people and to bring forth His only begotten Son to bless the nations of the earth.

'His being born a Jew' proves that He is the promised Messiah of God's people.

Some people choke on His 'Jewishness'!

I am here to gently ram it further down their throats![:D]

I am certain that there are some people in this world today, who reject Christ simply because they don't want to have anything to do with the Jews, or a Jewish Messiah.

But as Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well, [red][b]'Salvation is of the Jews.[/b][/red]

And He, being the Author and Finisher of our salvation, should be presumed to know whereof He speaks.

He likewise told His disciples at the Olivet Discourse, that Jerusalem would be trodden by the Gentiles [red][b]'until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled.'[/b][/red] Luke 21:24

What did He mean by that?

Jerusalem is no longer, at least since 1967, trodden down by the Gentiles, but has been wholly dominated by the Jews!

What gives?

I believe that the 'time of the Gentiles' to trod down Jerusalem is over. Period. Fini.

Eric The(SoTheStageIsSet,TheLightsLower...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I did not think that I had a dog in this fight, but I have a question. Why does one people (Jews), who are still waiting for a (departed and who will return) Messiah have so many people jump to their defense?

IIRC, the Jews were identified by God as his chosen people, but as Garandman pointed out, when they broke their covenant with God they were enslaved, persecuted, killed, and had their land taken from them. They eventually returned to God's graces and the bad things stopped when they returned to the rules of that covenant.

If the above is essentially true, then the Jews are just follwoing eons of falling in and out of God's graces and this is of their own doing. It is distasteful to think of the current Iraeli 'troubles' or even the Holocaust as consequences for not following God's laws, but isn't that exactly what is happening? I remember stories from the Old Testament regarding the sacrificing of Jewish slave babies to the idol god Bael, and stories of entire Jewish cities being sacked by invaders with the inhabitants killed or enslaved.

(At this point I would like to point out that I am at work and do not have the exact scripture quotes, but I am using examples that are hopefully commonly known. In the case of Bael, there are several references in the Old Testament.)

I am not anti-semitic, but if we are going to use the Bible as a reference to the plight of the Jews, shouldn't we look at the whole picture? I think that Garandman is exactly correct that, historically, the Jews set their own plight by straying from God's rule. I think that this idea is not just historically correct but is relevant in the present.

All of these people jumping on the 'Jews are Being Unfairly Persecuted' bandwagon are not seeing that the Arabs (Palestinians in this case) are being used as Gods's tool to punish the Jews for their straying. Is it possible that as bad as the Jewish persecution has been in modern times that it ahs been used as God's 'rod' for his children?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#30]
So, [b]wiggy762[/b], should we welcome the events of Sept 11th as a sign from the Lord that we have strayed far from His Commandments?

Is Osama Bin Laden nothing more than a modern day King Nebuchadnezzar used by the Lord to push Christian America back onto the straight and narrow path?

I always tell my Christian friends that the Jews crucified Jesus but once, while we seem to crucify Him on a daily basis.

There is something left for Israel that we just don't know about. Just as the Church was a mystery to the Jews during the days of the Old Testament, so the 'time of the Gentiles' and the end to the season of Jewish blindness spoken of by Paul, may remain a mystery to us.

Are we all at least agreed that Jesus as the Messiah will one day return to this earth and the very first place His foot will touch the earth will be on the Mount of Olives across the Kidron Valley from the Golden Gate of the Holy City?

That He will one day ride into the Holy City through His gate (which is presently walled-up) and receive the shouts of 'Hosanna' from His people? A second Palm Sunday, to be exact?

Eric The(Faithful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

IIRC, the Jews were identified by God as his chosen people, but as Garandman pointed out, when they broke their covenant with God they were enslaved, persecuted, killed, and had their land taken from them. They eventually returned to God's graces and the bad things stopped when they returned to the rules of that covenant.

If the above is essentially true, then the Jews are just follwoing eons of falling in and out of God's graces and this is of their own doing. It is distasteful to think of the current Iraeli 'troubles' or even the Holocaust as consequences for not following God's laws, but isn't that exactly what is happening?

I am not anti-semitic, but if we are going to use the Bible as a reference to the plight of the Jews, shouldn't we look at the whole picture? I think that Garandman is exactly correct that, historically, the Jews set their own plight by straying from God's rule. I think that this idea is not just historically correct but is relevant in the present.

All of these people jumping on the 'Jews are Being Unfairly Persecuted' bandwagon are not seeing that the Arabs (Palestinians in this case) are being used as Gods's tool to punish the Jews for their straying. Is it possible that as bad as the Jewish persecution has been in modern times that it ahs been used as God's 'rod' for his children?
View Quote

Halelujah, praise the Lord - somebody "gets" it!!!!!!!!

Lemme give ya some Scriptural references -

Judges 10: 11 - 16 -

[i]11   And the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Did not I deliver you from the Egyptians, and from the Amorites, from the children of Ammon, and from the Philistines?
12   The Zidonians also, and the Amalekites, and the Maonites, did oppress you; and ye cried to me, and I delivered you out of their hand.
13   Yet ye have forsaken me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more.
14   Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
15   And the children of Israel said unto the LORD, We have sinned: do thou unto us whatsoever seemeth good unto thee; deliver us only, we pray thee, this day.
16   And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel. [/i]

Deut. 32 :20 - 22

[i]20   And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be:
21    they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
[/i]

In short, obey and be blessed. Disobey, and be punished by the other nations, until you return to Jehovah.

Further, a "foolish nation" (Gentile beleivers in Christ Jesus) would provoke them to return to God.

Unfortunately, all the Christian Zionists are so busy brown-nosing them, assuring them they are the "chosen people of God" that Israel has ZERO incentive to return to God.

My apologies to jarhead for hijacking his thread.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So, [b]wiggy762[/b], should we welcome the events of Sept 11th as a sign from the Lord that we have strayed far from His Commandments?

[>]:)]
View Quote

I love God's Word - it has an answer for EVERYTHING.

[i]Deut. 8: 5 -
Thus you are to know in your heart that the LORD your God was disciplining you just as a man disciplines his son.

Hebrews 12: 6, 12 -
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

12 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the  peaceful fruit of righteousness. [/i]

What do YOU think, ETH????

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is Osama Bin Laden nothing more than a modern day King Nebuchadnezzar used by the Lord to push Christian America back onto the straight and narrow path?
View Quote

ETH, in all of my (limited) reading I have never run across a covenant between God and the Gentiles that would be analogous to the covenant God had/has with his chosen people, the Jews. If no such covenant exists, (it doesn't exist) then God is not using anything besides the death of His Son on the cross to get us back on the straight and narrow.

I know that you do not know me other than here on the board, and that I used some very disturbing examples in my post (Holocaust, sacrificing babies) but I would hope that you were not seriously suggesting that I felt that innocents would be killed 'as an example' on Sept. 11th. BTW, if you believe the elements of my previous post, then you could see that as far as God's covenant went, there were no 'innocent Jews' in His eyes. All were his children and all suffered the fate of the Jewish 'nation'.

I always tell my Christian friends that the Jews crucified Jesus but once, while we seem to crucify Him on a daily basis.
View Quote

I am puzzled about this statement. Are you stating that by our (christian) lives we are falling short of the 'perfection' that Christ asks of us? If so, how do you make the leap from an imperfect life to crucifying the Son of God?

As far as the rest of your post, we are in complete (and waiting) agreement.

Matt (the son of a Preacher man) Wiggins
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In the final scene of the movie, the Jews were on their way across the Jordan river into the promised land.
It occurred to me what propitious timing this broadcast was,
Did this occur to anyone else, or am I all alone here?
View Quote

i think youre suggesting that the choice of "10 commandments" on easter might be pro-israel "propaganda". this would not surprise me.

however, it's a multifaceted agenda. the frequency of war movies goes up when there's more international tension.

media manipulation? sure. it's their job to manipulate us. it sells soap.

we now return you to our regularly scheduled religious debates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top