Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2002 8:22:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:36:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hank: well, gang, i have an appointment for a new tattoo coming up on 4/11- and i think its about time to take this to the next level.
View Quote
How about your name on your back so your boyfriend wont forget?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:46:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan: How about your name on your back so your boyfriend wont forget?
View Quote
OUCH!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:14:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:36:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2002 4:38:10 AM EDT by lucasf]
Figured Id jump the gun Before some fanatic posts here about how you cant get a tat and go to heaven cause it says so in the bible, I ask you to read the rest of the sentance. (The one in the Old Test, not the rest of my sentance) PS if your King James bible uses the word tattoo it aint a King James Bible. PPS, Only bikers and inmates get tatts. PPPS, you cant be Republican and a gun owner if you get tatts Edited to add you need to understand the concept of Sarcasam for the last 2 postscripts
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:42:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lucasf: Figured Id jump the gun Before some fanatic posts here about how you cant get a tat and go to heaven cause it says so in the bible, I ask you to read the rest of the sentance. (The one in the Old Test, not the rest of my sentance) PS if your King James bible uses the word tattoo it aint a King James Bible. PPS, Only bikers and inmates get tatts. PPPS, you cant be Republican and a gun owner if you get tatts Edited to add you need to understand the concept of Sarcasam for the last 2 postscripts
View Quote
What the fuck are you talking about?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:43:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:03:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: What the fuck are you talking about?
View Quote
There is a passage in the old testament that people use against anybody who has any type of body modification. It says "Do not cut and mark your body...........in honor of the dead" Everyone uses just the first part of the passage and never the last part. Second, the word tattoo did not enter the english language to mean ink marked skin until the 1780s (return of Cpt Cooks voyage to the south pacific) The Kings James Bible was published in the 1600s......... And Im just sick of conservative people(and Im one of them) and their anti body mod feelings. Had trouble with the Legion/gun club ect to the point I dont even go anymore. Had an old guy give me hell one day after 9/11, told me that I should get a decent hair cut, get rid of the piercings and such and join the military, do something good for my country for once. I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I pulled out my retired ID card.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:13:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lucasf:
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: What the fuck are you talking about?
View Quote
There is a passage in the old testament that people use against anybody who has any type of body modification. It says "Do not cut and mark your body...........in honor of the dead" Everyone uses just the first part of the passage and never the last part. Second, the word tattoo did not enter the english language to mean ink marked skin until the 1780s (return of Cpt Cooks voyage to the south pacific) The Kings James Bible was published in the 1600s......... And Im just sick of conservative people(and Im one of them) and their anti body mod feelings. Had trouble with the Legion/gun club ect to the point I dont even go anymore. Had an old guy give me hell one day after 9/11, told me that I should get a decent hair cut, get rid of the piercings and such and join the military, do something good for my country for once. I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I pulled out my retired ID card.
View Quote
That's the first I've ever heard of it. Guess that's my new thing to learn for the day. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:57:53 AM EDT
True...true...after I'd retired and was working as a bartender at the Rod & Gun, I had another retiree remark that he'd never seen a Master Sergeant with a tat and an earring...I asked him what his MOS was (as if it made a difference) and he proudly stated "Career Counselor and Recruiter"...I replied, "I bet there's a lot of stuff you've never seen before."
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:02:30 AM EDT
What is the cost of a Tatoo and how long does it take to complete? I have no interest of getting a Tatoo and think they look horrible on women. Anyway, I'm just curious. Btw, I like the idea of Molon Labe. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:21:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:39:29 PM EDT
Hank, My one and only tattoo is on my right shoulder. It is a pre-ban 20" Bushmaster AR15 with the words Molon Labe in greek letters with Molon on top and Labe on bottom, in a circular shape. I know it's a pre-ban because of the F/H and Bayo lug...the detail is that good! And I know it's a Bushmaster because it has a slight purple tint to it. I got it in response to the Roberti-Ross and SB23 laws that recently passed here in California. Kind of my way to show where I stand. When people see it I tell them the whole story of the ancient Greek/Spartan soldiers, then let them go from there. Sgtar15 PS Please post pics after you get it done
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:48:35 PM EDT
Hank, I have no tattoo's, nor do I want one. I am an atheist and do not give a f*ck what it says in any old book. If this is want you want – it's your life, go for it – and good luck to you!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:57:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2002 8:58:36 PM EDT by Hank]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:24:40 PM EDT
Being a 2nd generation tattooist myself, I was wondering if I would see any tattoo posts here eventually.... Good luck to you on the Molon Labe. It's becoming a popular tattoo amoung us freedom fans. Here is an example of somthing I did last year on a gal... [img]http://homepage.mac.com/thetattooist/.Pictures/SailorGal.jpg[/img]
Top Top