Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 9:01:59 AM EDT
[url]http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/sh/news/california/stories/news-california-133884520020329-180357.html[/url]

Keving67
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
...become Nevada gun owners?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
That POS will burn in hell.[devil]

FU!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
$35.00 + tax for a cheap brick of .22lr...Niiiiice.  The 2nd "Shot heard 'round the World" is getting closer every day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I emailed this bozo, for what it's worth:

Dear Senator,

Politicians never cease to amaze me with their ability to generate publicity for themselves by coming up with inane and utterly stupid ideas for new laws.  Your proposed tax on bullets is an excellent example.  Do you think the majority of trauma center patients are gunshot victims?  Of course not, but you are not constrained by common sense, are you?  How about a tax on cars (auto accident victims)?  A tax on swimming pools (near drowning victims)?  A tax on cutlery (knife fights)?  A tax on farm equipment (farmers getting caught in their harvesters)?  Do you see the trend developing here?

You could certainly find something better to do with your time.  If it's publicity you are after, why not take a page from former President Clinton's book and buy some cigars?  If you want to do your job and do it well, how about doing nothing at all?  We already have more lame and useless laws than there are grains of sand on all of California's beaches.

Sincerely,
View Quote

You do can do the same at [url]http://democrats.sen.ca.gov/senator/perata/[/url]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
E-mailing these idiots do not work. I have e-mailed Feinstein, and Perata numerous times while still living in CA. They either do not answer(which was most of the times) or they give a canned answer that do not address the issue.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I e-mailed Perata twice and got no response either time. I e-mailed Feinstein once and received a form-letter that had nothing to do with my topic.

It's probably better to call or write a letter.

BTW, since it's a tax it must go before the voters. I'm willing to bet the good people of CA will pass this bill, just as they always pass cigarette taxes. Most here don't shoot or smoke.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
When it comes to contacting elected officials, the following will be helpful to you:

1. One phone call is worth five e-mails.

2. One typed letter that is hand-signed is worth ten phone calls.

3. Petitions are worthless.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Diet, lifestyle are far more dangerous than a loaded firearm.

Published in The Orlando Sentinel on June 24, 1999.

Your risk of being murdered is one in 16,666. For most Americans, it is much less than that. The majority of American homicides involve one low-life killing another low-life.

Thus, if you stay out of the drug business, which most Americans do, and if you don't hang out with low-lifes or foolishly wander into bad
neighborhoods, your chances of becoming a homicide victim are very small.

In short, the danger of firearms is greatly exaggerated by politicians and press alike. In 1997, for example, 15,551 Americans were killed by firearms, compared with 28,400 who died in their homes as a result of accidents, only 1,000 of which involved firearms. Total deaths from
firearms accidents were 1,500. Compare that with the 43,200 killed in vehicle accidents, the 14,900 who died in falls, the 8,600 who were killed by accidental poisoning, the 4,000 who drowned, the 3,700 who died in fires, and the 3,300 who died from the ingestion of food or some other object.

Eating poses more than twice the risk of a gun in causing an accidental death.

In 1997, whereas homicides with a gun took 15,551 lives and 1,500 died from firearms accidents, 88,000 died from pneumonia and flu, 91,000 from accidents (I've subtracted the 1,500 firearms accidents), 110,000 from lung diseases, 159,000 from strokes, 537,000 from cancer and 725,000 from heart disease.

Deaths related to firearms - including murder, accidents and suicides - amount to a hair more than 1 percent of the annual deaths in the United States. Yet both politicians and press distort and exaggerate the danger of firearms to the point of hysteria.

If this two-headed, demagogic monster would devote half of the energy to cancer and heart disease that it devotes to firearms, far more lives might be saved. Your diet and lifestyle are far more dangerous than a loaded firearm in terms of the likelihood of your being done in.

I wanted to put firearms deaths into perspective so that you can realize that you are being subjected to a deliberate propaganda campaign.

If the politicians and the press were really interested in crime, then they would face the race factor in crime, but they both are scared to address it. The race factor, simply stated, is a hugely disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by blacks. That is not to say that race causes the crime; I'm merely pointing out that a disproportionate amount of the
violent crime is being committed by blacks.

An analysis of the homicides in Chicago in 1991 performed by the Chicago Police Department shows that there were 927 homicides. Of the offenders arrested, 702 were black; three were black Hispanic; 128 were white Hispanic; and only 51 were white. Only 38 of the victims were white. Clearly, Chicago's homicide problem that year was not uniformly distributed but localized among blacks and Hispanics. Few, by the way, invovled drugs.

To back up what I stated about low-lifes, 61 percent of victims and 77 percent of the offenders had prior criminal offenses on their records.

So, don't worry too much about being murdered, but be careful in that supermarket, restaurant and your own kitchen. As for a keeping a firearm in the home, it's safer than a car in the driveway or a swimming pool in the back yard.

... enough said.

Mike
This has been edited for brevity.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Man, I feel sorry for all you kali boys.  Oh, and dvdtracker, thats a good letter brother...
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sorry Californians, but I was never so happy to move from anywhere to anywhere as I was the day I moved from California to Texas in November of 1999.

I was hated by senators who were put in office by idiots living in Los Angeles and San Francisco. I wrote them tactful, well thought out letters and never received replies. All of the taxes I paid were some of the highest in the nation: state income tax, property tax, vehicle registration, sales tax. This money, instead of being used to my benefit, was used as a weapon against me.

There are some fine, hard working, upstanding, patriotic people living in California, but they are sadly far outnumbered by bleating sheep gathered around the welfare feed troughs of Los Angeles and San Francisco. The policitans see this sad state of affairs and play to it, engaging in the basest "divide and conquer" class warfare, typical Democratic machine politics vote buying.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top