Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2002 10:41:07 AM EDT
Just for fun.

man bitten, woman forced to evade jack rabbit

Published 8:10 p.m. PST Friday, March 29, 2002
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) - Sonoma County musician Doug Bowes will remember this Easter season as the one where he happened upon the Easter Bunny, and it attacked him.
Bowes was walking near his home at about 11 a.m. Wednesday when the attack occurred. A small, gray jack rabbit bounded toward him from a nearby fence.

"I thought, 'Gosh, this is somebody's pet,' " Bowes said. He put his hand down in a friendly gesture and the bunny lunged and bit him.

Bowes began to walk home, nursing a sore hand with broken skin, but the rabbit followed him. A short time later, a nearby neighbor had to retreat up a hill after another aggressive jack rabbit forced her back.

Bowes had to get rabies shots and faces five additional vaccinations, though area health officials say it would be rare if the animal had rabies.

"If it were (rabid) it would make history," said David Yong, director of laboratory services for the county public health division. No rabbit has tested positive for rabies in Sonoma County in the past 16 years, Yang said.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
they should have listened to "tim the enchanter" he told them it was a killer.
RUN AWAY< RUN AWAY!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#2]
"We can't risk another frontal assault, that rabbit is DYNAMITE! Bring out the Holy Handgrenade of Antioc!"
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]SANTA ROSA, California[/b]

I'm having a difficult time here, trying to understand how THREE adults got chased and cornered by a $%&@$*! [i][b]bunny[/b][/i]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"We can't risk another frontal assault, that rabbit is DYNAMITE! Bring out the Holy Handgrenade of Antioc!"
View Quote

Oh no MarineGrunt, they are anti-DD not to mention anti-gun. They need to call PETA to give the bunnies some counseling.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Rabid rabbits attacking CA!?!  Cool... [8D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Killer Wabbits [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bunny.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#7]
This is what happens when people give up their place on the food chain.  Now the rabbits will have to be "taught a lesson".  No more Mr. Nice Vegan.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone ever see the movie "Night of the Lepus?"  Huge killer rabbits attack farms & mutilate humans.  Maybe one of the greatest achievements in film, & a very underappreciated movie.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
What behind the rabbit? ..... I soiled my armor I was so scared. [NI]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I live right in the town where this happened....looks like we might have to change Easter sunday around a little bit...no more hunting Easter eggs , gonna have to move on to the source of them their eggs.......[heavy]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
they should have listened to "tim the enchanter" he told them it was a killer.
RUN AWAY< RUN AWAY!!!!!
View Quote

But it's got big ... teeth! And claws! It's really very frightening!
Where was this again? San Francisco? men afraid of rabbits? uh, o-kay... (wussies!)
[whacko]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#13]
This is just the tip of the iceberg.  Eventually they'll have to use bunker busters on the lairs.  It is getting dangerously close to EOTWAWKI.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top