Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2002 5:57:59 PM EDT
Ok, the CorBon box (135gr) says "1325fps," but I assume that is from a 4 or 5 inch bbl. I was wondering what the velocities would be from a G27 vs. a G23...hopefully, the polygonal rifling makes the most possible velocity out of these short bbls. Anybody chrono'ed these rounds from these two pistols?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:13:50 AM EDT
Yes I have crono'ed the 27 and 23 barrels and even the 135 CorBon. Factory ammo will easily deviate 50 feet per second and that is about the difference in the length of barrel. The salient difference between the 27 and 23 is the size for concealing and the length between sights. The longer distance between sights is all the difference if you want to hit something at more than 10 yards. Conversely, if you need to conceal your weapon on an ankle, the smaller 27 is all the difference. The 27 is a true pocket rocket and also will suffice as a primary home defence weapon, barely. It is highly recommended, but one would also want a larger sidearm in a perfect world. I can't say anything good about CorBon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:36:27 AM EDT
A 23 barrel will drop right into a 27, so you get the small 27 and the extra 50fps (guess). And it looks groovy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:27:17 PM EDT
Hey Goad: You can't say anything good about CorBon??? Why???
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 3:41:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dissipator556: Hey Goad: You can't say anything good about CorBon??? Why???
View Quote
Corbon is premium ammo. It is warm loaded. It is an American company. That is good. But CorBon is premium priced plus a premium. It doesn't come in nickle coated cases - at least what I've seen. It is mostly marketing hype - just my opinion, and many others' opinion as well. I believe any of the premium pistol ammo - CorBon included, is good, maybe even required, for defensive pistol use. Use what makes you comfortable, what you like. If you like CorBon, use it! I believe there is no substitute for practice, though. Practice makes perfect and the least expensive factory ammo that you use regularly is better than a case of premium ammo that you "save for later". Note that "we in the know" would rely on inexpensive M193 or M855 over any premium ammo for defensive or SHTF in an AR15. For my pistols I have a 700+ foot pounds of .355 for the bad guy(s) that I load myself. I also have some nickle plated premium ammo that "I save for later." I would trust either for life-and-death defensive sidearm use. I hope that helps you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:24:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:01:30 PM EDT
I really hate when the above message gets posted by CockedandLocked- no flame on you man, but the handguns forum sucks ass! I posted my topic on your lame ass handguns board, and barely got any response- screw the handgun forum!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:21:02 PM EDT
ouch dissipator i think he is trying to get some more folks to participate in the handgun forums so you can get your responses.. . excuse him for trying
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:32:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dissipator556: I really hate when the above message gets posted by CockedandLocked- no flame on you man, but the handguns forum sucks ass! I posted my topic on your lame ass handguns board, and barely got any response- screw the handgun forum!
View Quote
I have been on the Handgun Forum and have not yet had my ass sucked; perhaps you are coming in through the backdoor?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:38:03 PM EDT
Top Top