Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2002 5:19:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 6:51:05 PM EDT by BrodowskiTJ]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:26:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:29:06 PM EDT
Sounds like its time to get a new friend
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:17:25 PM EDT
Try a clean cloth and toothpaste. Just put some toothpaste on the scratches and rub it in real hard. The toothpaste will act as a mild abrasive but will not harm the data on the CD. It works wonders for my scratched CD's P.S. It will only remove small scratches, not gouges...
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:34:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2002 6:34:45 PM EDT by Sukebe]
Come on! How many friendships would you trash over $45.00. I've loaned friends things that didn't come back in the same condition and I've borrowed things from friends that didn't go back in the same condition. Sh*t happens. I've always offered to make good on them and if they decline then it's chalked up to the price of having friends. I have never insisted that a friend make good on damage to a loaned item, that's the risk of being a loaner. If the friend is close enough that I would loan my stuff to him then I am willing to write off any damage. Now if the BrodowskiTJ described the borrower as someone less than a friend I'd say that he should insist on restitution.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:40:16 PM EDT
use plastic polish for aircraft windows.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:48:48 PM EDT
I personally feel that If I were to borrow something from a friend, they will get that item in the same OR better condition as when received. (that's what my daddy taught me, and I believe it to be good practice)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:17:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sukebe: Come on! How many friendships would you trash over $45.00. I've loaned friends things that didn't come back in the same condition and I've borrowed things from friends that didn't go back in the same condition. Sh*t happens. I've always offered to make good on them and if they decline then it's chalked up to the price of having friends. I have never insisted that a friend make good on damage to a loaned item, that's the risk of being a loaner. If the friend is close enough that I would loan my stuff to him then I am willing to write off any damage. Now if the BrodowskiTJ described the borrower as someone less than a friend I'd say that he should insist on restitution.
View Quote
Can I borrow your AR this weekend?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:10:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ChrisLe: Try a clean cloth and toothpaste. Just put some toothpaste on the scratches and rub it in real hard. The toothpaste will act as a mild abrasive but will not harm the data on the CD. It works wonders for my scratched CD's P.S. It will only remove small scratches, not gouges...
View Quote
I have heard that too, works on cd's, probably would be worth a try on dvds tool.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:13:34 PM EDT
Yep, I've done the toothpaste trick too, and it works. Toothpaste, not just for breakfast anymore. [:D]
Top Top